GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 305 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,811
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,530
Posts1,062,534
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Unmarried Pregnant Teacher Fired by Catholic School #136424
11/23/05 12:13 PM
11/23/05 12:13 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Very well said Snake.

Here's proof that you can disagree with what someone else says and still make your point without having to resort to bashing or name calling.

Your reply to those who made fun of, generalized and bashed the Christian religion is a mature one! I applaud you for not stooping down to a level of resorting to name calling and personal attacks.

Great job Snake.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Unmarried Pregnant Teacher Fired by Catholic School #136425
11/23/05 12:19 PM
11/23/05 12:19 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Thanks, D.C.! After all, we're not ALL "narrow-minded" and "hate-mongers"!

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Unmarried Pregnant Teacher Fired by Catholic School #136426
11/23/05 01:43 PM
11/23/05 01:43 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline
ronnierocketAGO  Offline
R

East Tennessee
"Ronnie, I don't see how you can say His message was "humanistic." If evolution, the big bang, etc., is true, then we should have no sense of morals, right & wrong, law, etc. Jesus' message transcends mankind. Read Isaiah 40 sometime if you think God's thinking is somehow the same as ours."

Ahh, but you would agree that we all have morals anyway....right? Besides, if you believe it in faith, fine. No problems. Thing is, do you believe it, or do you accept it as fact? Snake, I think you're the good kind.

"You cannot anymore lump ALL believers..."

Who says I did? Besides, I was just bashing many of the retards among the religion that are quite embarrasing to the rest of us. I never generalize EVERYONE, just the assholes that we have to deal with. Besides, for every society in history, at best there are 10% of the population that make the other 90% look quite awful. Wouldn't you agree?

"there's no reason I should be viewed as some idiot nut case who bombs abortion clinics. Fair enough?"

Whoa whoa....who should I viewed you as one Snake? I know you take my post personally, but damn. I never thought of you has peanutty, you know?

Besides, its one thing to take a faith or philosiphy seriously. Why should I have a problem with that? Unless I call you a nutjob Snake, don't ever assume when I objectively criticize religion that I think you're a bomber or whatever. Its like if someone was criticizing American society, but then was attacked as being Anti-American. Really Snake, why you think I had anything against you personally?

"But I just think it's unfair to paint a portrait of Christians without taking into account that not all believers are like that."

Again, unlike many elitist intellectuals, I don't think all are like you think I do. Many are, but not all. If I thought everyone of a religion or philosiphy were evil, then I would be of the Nazi mindset...as in "Natural Evil", which is total bullshit.

Now as for quoting and interpreting or taking the text for what it is, I actually don't take the Holy Bible as the Word of God.

Now before anyone gets angry and accuses me of mocking religion or whatever nonsense, consider this.

Man as a species is a corrupt creature. Fact is, if God told mankind about morals, what to do and not to do, etc....then that original document that detailed the original message was probably, and assumingly, altered over time by different religious/political/cultural leaders to fit their social situations. In fact, Snake would know that many books of the New Testament was based on now-lost source materials written earlier.

In other words, that original "testament" in contact between man and God has now been unfortunately lost, and only its traces can be found in religions based on these ideals, like the original/earlier Christian texts. Consider that many scholars believe that the almost-extinct Iranian religion of Zoroastrianism, the earliest known monotheistic religion in history, helped influence many philosophical ideals in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam from the idea of a future armaggedon battle between Good and Evil, of which Good will triumph, to of course the idea of one mighty Lord God, to even the concept of....Angels.

Again Snake.....unless I actually post that I think you're a damn lunatic, don't ever assume that I think of you as one. Okay?

Re: Unmarried Pregnant Teacher Fired by Catholic School #136427
11/23/05 04:05 PM
11/23/05 04:05 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Sorry, Ronnie. Of COURSE I don't take it personally. I suppose it's just that I hear the diatribe from so many for so long (from lesser thinkers than you, bro.), that I just get a feeling that when someone from the left hears "Christian," they immediately assume that believer is a narrow-minded, Bible-thumping looney tune who condemns others. Apologies for my misunderstanding.

Personally, I think it's cool that you and I can vehemently disagree on this matter, yet still retain some respect towards the other. I think that's a testimony for both of us. No, I'm no paragon of virtue with all this integrity and what-not. But, believe me, I'm a lot different now than "back in th' day," and would've been anything but civil about anything. Maybe it's 'cause we're both Tennesseans?!

Anyway, no harm, no foul, dude. I disagree with you on this, but I hope we'll still be cool. There are plenty of your posts I dig (especially your reviews), and I can tell you're a notch above. Again, sorry for my misunderstanding you.

Re: Unmarried Pregnant Teacher Fired by Catholic School #136428
11/23/05 04:09 PM
11/23/05 04:09 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
And yeah, you're right about the originals (called the "autographs"). However, what we do have is largely what was penned (I believe), and the parts that differ (from manuscript to manuscript) are, for the most part, of little or no consequence. Most importantly, man has enough of God's revelation within the Word for redemption, and really that's all that matters.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull