When JKF was murdered I was just a little child, but I clearly remember when the TV announced it with a special edition of the news. Even if I was so little I knew who JFK was because my older sister was a great fan of him and of course I was a great fan of him too 'cause my sister was my idol and if she said he was good and attractive he surely was! JFK was a living legend for young generations all over the world and he was regarded with special affection here in Italy because he was the first Catholic to become President of the USA.

When Robert Kennedy was shot and then died I was in primary school and I remember I cried because I was sure he would have been the new US President and I wanted so much it to happen. I loved him because he was handsome (much more handsome than his brother) and because he had so many children!

When Pope John XXIII died I was at home watching television and they interrupted the programs and I was so sad (because I was watching a movie and I liked it! )

When Pope John Paul II was shot on 13th May 1981, I was attending my Sociology class at the Catholic University Maria Santissima Assunta, very close to the Vatican. They gave us the news and we all prayed "Our father who art in heaven".

On 9/11 I was working at my office. It was about 15, 15.30 and I was at my PC when I came across the news. I immediately turned the TV on and watched the horrible scenes. I couldn't believe what was going on. At first I thought it was an accident, then it was clear that it was a terror attack. My way back home seemed to be the longest journey I ever had. I was quite sure the terrorists were going to do something similar here too and that very night I thought, well, at least I'm with my family. A real shock that was to last in the days to come.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)