GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 106 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,052
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,534
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,612
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,838
Posts1,070,353
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138517
12/09/05 05:38 PM
12/09/05 05:38 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
This guy was one of the captors of the american hostages. He's an anti semetic slob.
I'm not defending this guy or anything, as he is certainly not my cup of tea, but there seems to be some question as to whether or not he participated in the hostage incident.

Some of the hostages seem to be certain that he was one of their captors, while others seem equally certain that he was not.

ARTICLE

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138518
12/10/05 03:06 AM
12/10/05 03:06 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
DV, seriously, if some of immigrants in the US decide to initiate a separate democratic religious state (I don't know how democracy and religion goes together) to take part of your country, how would you feel?

The simple fact is, right after WWII and initiation of the UN, Israel (minus Gaza strip and West bank) was established and was recognized as a separate state by the UN. There is nothing countries could do, unless beyond the UN, that can change that fact. Palestinians were made an example for any other country to be more cautious about immigration laws and ownership of land for the foreigners. Now in most countries in the Middle East, you can not own a property unless you are a citizen and in most cases that means your parents must have been the citizen of that country. For example, I know many Iranian immigrants in the UAE, but in order for them to start a business, the need a UAE citizen as a partner, and land for that property entirely belongs to their partner.

Now, there is one thing I really don't understand. Why should we be the voice of Palestine? We have a lot more trouble on our plate than dealing in problems of other countries. Granted that most Persians are Muslims, but we are Shiite Muslims. Now within the Muslim family Shiite and Sunnis have problems of their own, hence what you see is happening in Iraq. It seems that there is no Sunni Arab country to speak for Palestine, a country that never cared for us during the war with Saddam and actually supported that sob. I'm truly sick and tired of this crap that has become the first priority of our government.

About how this guy got elected, you need to know and follow Iran's politics closely to understand what happened, but in a nutshell, this guy although was connected to the religious right claimed to be independent. He wasn't that well known and had not made even a public statement, never was a representative or anything like that but he merely was the mayor of Tehran. He promised that he would solve the economical problems and that's how he lured 17 million voters. But you need to consider that there are around 40 million eligible Iranian voters if I'm not mistaken. And reformers have boycotted the elections for sometime now because we don't have a way to have a non religious candidate.

Don't look forward to an impeachment either; the house of Reps is also in hand of religious right. I think we should've voted, but what's the use? What major break through did we experience while reformers were in power? They couldn't do a thing. This is just hopeless.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138519
12/10/05 03:19 AM
12/10/05 03:19 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
He promised that he would solve the economical problems and that's how he lured [xxx] million voters....
That must sound familiar to every American, since EVERY presidential candidate has said that, lying thru his teeth!! :rolleyes:

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138520
12/10/05 09:24 AM
12/10/05 09:24 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
At the same time, I've never exprerienced first hand evidence to say that the Holocaust did exist. But I'm not saying it didn't.

Man did walk on the Moon, though.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138521
12/10/05 11:13 AM
12/10/05 11:13 AM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
You're so smart kid. So smart I'll quote it to make sure everyone read:

Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
DV, seriously, if some of immigrants in the US decide to initiate a separate democratic religious state (I don't know how democracy and religion goes together) to take part of your country, how would you feel?

The simple fact is, right after WWII and initiation of the UN, Israel (minus Gaza strip and West bank) was established and was recognized as a separate state by the UN. There is nothing countries could do, unless beyond the UN, that can change that fact. Palestinians were made an example for any other country to be more cautious about immigration laws and ownership of land for the foreigners. Now in most countries in the Middle East, you can not own a property unless you are a citizen and in most cases that means your parents must have been the citizen of that country. For example, I know many Iranian immigrants in the UAE, but in order for them to start a business, the need a UAE citizen as a partner, and land for that property entirely belongs to their partner.

Now, there is one thing I really don't understand. Why should we be the voice of Palestine? We have a lot more trouble on our plate than dealing in problems of other countries. Granted that most Persians are Muslims, but we are Shiite Muslims. Now within the Muslim family Shiite and Sunnis have problems of their own, hence what you see is happening in Iraq. It seems that there is no Sunni Arab country to speak for Palestine, a country that never cared for us during the war with Saddam and actually supported that sob. I'm truly sick and tired of this crap that has become the first priority of our government.

About how this guy got elected, you need to know and follow Iran's politics closely to understand what happened, but in a nutshell, this guy although was connected to the religious right claimed to be independent. He wasn't that well known and had not made even a public statement, never was a representative or anything like that but he merely was the mayor of Tehran. He promised that he would solve the economical problems and that's how he lured 17 million voters. But you need to consider that there are around 40 million eligible Iranian voters if I'm not mistaken. And reformers have boycotted the elections for sometime now because we don't have a way to have a non religious candidate.

Don't look forward to an impeachment either; the house of Reps is also in hand of religious right. I think we should've voted, but what's the use? What major break through did we experience while reformers were in power? They couldn't do a thing. This is just hopeless.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull