GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Kangaroo Don, 1 invisible), 457 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,052
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,523
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,612
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,838
Posts1,070,346
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138487
12/08/05 03:36 PM
12/08/05 03:36 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2005-12-08T1 71212Z_01_RID850121_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-IRAN-AHMADINEJAD.xml&rpc=22

Is it me, or is this clown just wanting to piss everyone off for the hell of it?

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138488
12/08/05 04:47 PM
12/08/05 04:47 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Here's the full article:

Iran president expresses doubt holocaust happened

By Paul Hughes

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday expressed doubt the Holocaust took place and suggested the Jewish state of Israel be moved to Europe.

His comments, reported by Iran's official IRNA news agency from a news conference he gave in the Saudi Arabian city of Mecca, follow his call in October for Israel to be "wiped off the map," which sparked widespread international outrage.

The latest comments also provoked quick condemnation. German Chancellor Angela Merkel called them "totally unacceptable" and British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said "I condemn them unreservedly. They have no place in civilized political debate."

Ahmadinejad was quoted by IRNA as saying: "Some European countries insist on saying that Hitler killed millions of innocent Jews in furnaces and they insist on it to the extent that if anyone proves something contrary to that they condemn that person and throw them in jail."

"Although we don't accept this claim, if we suppose it is true, our question for the Europeans is: is the killing of innocent Jewish people by Hitler the reason for their support to the occupiers of Jerusalem?" he said.

"If the Europeans are honest they should give some of their provinces in Europe -- like in Germany, Austria or other countries -- to the Zionists and the Zionists can establish their state in Europe. You offer part of Europe and we will support it."

The Nazis killed some 6 million Jews during their 1933-1945 rule. Ahmadinejad's remarks drew swift rebukes from Israel and Washington.

ISRAEL, WASHINGTON RESPOND

Raanan Gissin, a spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, said in Tel Aviv Ahmadinejad was voicing "the consensus that exists in many circles in the Arab world that the Jewish people ... do not have the right to establish a Jewish, democratic state in their ancestral homeland."

"Just to remind Mr. Ahmadinejad, we've been here long before his ancestors were here," Gissin said. "Therefore, we have a birthright to be here in the land of our forefathers and to live here. Thank God we have the capability to deter and to prevent such a statement from becoming a reality."

Deputy U.S. State Department spokesman Adam Ereli called the remarks "appalling and reprehensible."

"They certainly don't inspire hope among any of us in the international community that the government in Iran is prepared to engage as a responsible member of the community," he said.

A news conference with French President Jacques Chirac near Berlin, Merkel also said: "With our historical responsibility in mind, I can only say that we reject them (Ahmadinejad's comments) in the harshest possible terms.

"We will do everything to make it clear that Israel's right to existence is in no way endangered. I am firmly convinced that a majority in the international community has a similar opinion on this issue," she said. Chirac said he agreed completely.

Religious hardliners in Iran do not publicly deny the Holocaust occurred but say its scale has been exaggerated to justify the creation of Israel and continued Western support for it.

Close allies when Iran was ruled by the U.S.-backed Shah, Iran and Israel have become implacable foes since Iran's 1979 Islamic revolution.

Israel accuses Iran of giving arms and funding to militant Palestinian groups such as Islamic Jihad and of building nuclear weapons. Iran denies the charges.

Tehran calls Israel a "terrorist state" and has developed missiles which can reach it. It says it would use them if Israel, itself believed to be nuclear armed, tried to bomb Iranian nuclear facilities.

(Additional reporting by Jeffrey Heller in Jerusalem)

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138489
12/08/05 04:58 PM
12/08/05 04:58 PM
New York
Sicilian Babe Offline
Sicilian Babe  Offline

New York
So where did the 11 million people go?? The 6 million Jews, the Gypsies, the Poles, the homosexuals and mentally challenged, and anyone else that Hitler deemed inferior? What about the survivors? Did they have a shared hallucination? Did they all go out together, get drunk and tatoo numbers on their arms as a lark one day? What about the mass graves? What about the camps that still stand, with their ovens and gas chambers? What about the life work of men like Elie Wiesel and Simon Weisenthal?

This is honestly one of the most sickening things I've ever heard.

President Emeritus of the Neal Pulcawer Fan Club
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138490
12/08/05 05:06 PM
12/08/05 05:06 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
I have a strong hate in my heart for people who doubt the Holocaust happened, because of their complete stupidity.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138491
12/08/05 05:18 PM
12/08/05 05:18 PM
Flame Angel Offline
Made Member
Flame Angel  Offline
Made Member
and while were on the topic of the holocaust being fake :rolleyes: im amazed at all of the men, women, and children that they were able to convince to starve themselves to the point of having - 5% body fat just to take pictures to fool the world into believing

"pretty in punk..." setting off metal detectors in a town near you
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138492
12/08/05 05:19 PM
12/08/05 05:19 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
There are photos, maps, building plans, invoices, memos from the Nazi command, census information, Nazi officials' memoirs, and various other categories of data which all support the assertion that the Nazis actually intended to exterminate undesirables by the millions.

To say it didn't exist only implies part fanatical anti-semitism, and part, um, well I better not say.

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138493
12/08/05 05:27 PM
12/08/05 05:27 PM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
When it is plain stupid, it stops being offensive and tends to get funny. That guy has made a thorough fool of himself by opening his mouth.

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138494
12/08/05 05:30 PM
12/08/05 05:30 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
He did come to NY a few months ago, you guys should have smoked him and then ask for proof if he ever existed. Now that would've been great for us too. Wishful thinking.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138495
12/08/05 05:45 PM
12/08/05 05:45 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Originally posted by Flame Angel:
and while were on the topic of the holocaust being fake :rolleyes: im amazed at all of the men, women, and children that they were able to convince to starve themselves to the point of having - 5% body fat just to take pictures to fool the world into believing
Don't you know, it is the ever popular "ANA" (pro-anorexia) look!

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time and your government when it deserves it"
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138496
12/08/05 05:48 PM
12/08/05 05:48 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Holocaust denial isn't limited to the lunatic fringe.

Errol Morris, the documentary film director who made the critically acclaimed The Thin Blue Line about an innocent man who spent about 15 years on death row in Texas before being freed, also did a documentry, MR. DEATH (1999), about Fred Leuchter.

Leuchter an American designer, builder, and repairman of electric chairs, gas chambers, and gallows, had a sterling reputation for his work and was hired by several different states to improve their means for legal executions.

In 1998 he visited Germany, studied the remains of the German concentration camps and concluded, based on the forensic evidence he was able to obtain at the various sites, that it was impossible for the holocaust to have taken place.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138497
12/08/05 06:29 PM
12/08/05 06:29 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
Umm... devil's advocate again...

People are missing the point. Iran knows the Holocaust happened. Their point is the Holocaust does not justify the creation of Israel. I've said this before- Israel was founded by Jewish terrorists who were supported by Western powers, mainly the US. The US gave Israel WWII surplus to fight its way into existence.

Let's be honest here, the only reason Israel exists is because of US intervention. This is the truth, not anti-Semitism. The fact is Israel did not actually fight their own war and win. European Jews flooded Palestine and through acts of violence and foreign corruption created a state out of foreigners.

Devils advocate… I’ll at least do that much to keep the conversation from becoming one sided.

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138498
12/08/05 06:52 PM
12/08/05 06:52 PM
Born on the Bayou
Saladbar Offline
Underboss
Saladbar  Offline
Underboss
Born on the Bayou
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Johnny:
European Jews flooded Palestine and through acts of violence and foreign corruption created a state out of foreigners.

Devils advocate… I’ll at least do that much to keep the conversation from becoming one sided.
Fair enough. Have you given up your home to a native-american indian yet?

Well, it is one thing to think Jewish people exploit the holocaust for their own benefit, another to influence and distort history to the point you deny facts. The holocaust involved more than just jewish people, but also homosexual, gyspy, and other victims- all deemed unfit for german society.

Ever read or heard of the Balfour Declaration? The drive for a homeland was in place a long time before the Holocaust. The Jewish assumption of a homeland began long before WWII, and by the start of the war, the Jewish population of Palestine was over 30%. The Holocaust, and the persecution that it revealed increased the migration, and we know what happened subsequently.

But guess what? It's the Israelis that I blame. Not Jews. Israelis. It's a world of difference.

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138499
12/08/05 06:56 PM
12/08/05 06:56 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Very possible Johnny, but again.....I think I can safely say that the Palestinian Arabs back in 1947 did get qiute shafted in such a major manner. I can't argue against that fact.

Thing is, unless someone out there has a time machine, debating and discussing what happened in that region 58 years ago is futile in the pursuit for a solution to the present situation to provide for a favorable future, of which we can do something about, unlike the many terrible events in the past.

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138500
12/08/05 08:16 PM
12/08/05 08:16 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Hitler was underrated. He kissed babies, improved health care, and was a man of the people. 6 million Jews? Come on! Where did this come from? Those photos you see of the starved Jews are just photos of Paris Hilton, Nicole Ritchie, and the Olsen twins. :rolleyes:

Sarcasm aside, I think anyone who denies this happened is a dunce.

Mad Johnny, my knowledge on this subject is VERY limited and probably fallible, but didn't the Palestinians allow the Jews their land, and only wanted to kick them out when their financial intellect made them more successful than expected? I can't remember where I learned this so correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138501
12/08/05 08:31 PM
12/08/05 08:31 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
Quote:
Mad Johnny, my knowledge on this subject is VERY limited and probably fallible, but didn't the Palestinians allow the Jews their land, and only wanted to kick them out when their financial intellect made them more successful than expected? I can't remember where I learned this so correct me if I'm wrong, which I probably am.
Umm, bold is mine... Yeah, that's pretty typical anti-semetism

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138502
12/08/05 08:44 PM
12/08/05 08:44 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

How is that anti-Semitic? If anything it's a good thing. From what I remember hearing the majority had more savvy financial intellect and management, which is supposedly one of the reasons they persevered through the years without being crushed by a rival military. Again correct this if it's incorrect because I imagine the US involvement was more helpful.

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138503
12/08/05 09:32 PM
12/08/05 09:32 PM
West Chester, PA
Patrick Offline
Patrick  Offline

West Chester, PA
This guy actually kind've reminds me of Hitler. How'd he get elected anyways?

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138504
12/08/05 10:30 PM
12/08/05 10:30 PM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
He was elected because he won the vote.

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138505
12/09/05 09:46 AM
12/09/05 09:46 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Can someone refresh my memory: Is it in the USA a crime saying the holocaust didn't exist?
I know it's so in my country, you can go to jail/pay a fine if you deny the existence of the holocaust or if you support Hitler.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138506
12/09/05 09:57 AM
12/09/05 09:57 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Can someone refresh my memory: Is it in the USA a crime saying the holocaust didn't exist?
No. Read my post above about the Errol Morris documentary.
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
How is that anti-Semitic? If anything it's a good thing. From what I remember hearing the majority had more savvy financial intellect and management, which is supposedly one of the reasons they persevered through the years without being crushed by a rival
It could be considered anti-Semitic because it feeds and reinforces a sterotype, true or not.

Like saying Blacks make better athletes, or Irish people drink more.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138507
12/09/05 10:02 AM
12/09/05 10:02 AM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
or Italians kill people better.

Sorry, I couldn't help it. Please, don't stone me too bad! :p

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138508
12/09/05 10:07 AM
12/09/05 10:07 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
because it feeds and reinforces a sterotype, true or not.
Like saying Blacks make better athletes
Well, actually there's kind of a truth in it. It has something to do with fysionomy. Africans are often better athletes, but not in all sports.
An example: in long-distance running (10 kilometers, marathon), North/West Africans excel. It's because of how the behind of there ankle is build, that part of their body is more evolved than other people's.

This has something to do with Evolution, but since many people don't believe in Evolution, my post makes no sense.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138509
12/09/05 10:09 AM
12/09/05 10:09 AM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
Quote:
Don Vercetti
didn't the Palestinians allow the Jews their land
Yeah, that's what they did!

Changing the subject slightly, it's one thing to deny the holocaust entirely... but what about those who dispute its scale? What about if an historian says that 5.5 million and not 6 million Jews were killed? What about if he says 3 million? At what point is someone a "dunce"? I only ask because in some counties (Germany) it's a criminal offence to deny the holocaust.

Of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's comments: Iran is an Islamic state and supports the Palestinian cause,. and the deep-seated hatred of the Israli state and Jews generally. If a European leader doubted the holocaust he would rightly be castigated, but coming from the President of Iran, it seems entirely uncontroversial. Wrong, of course, but not shocking considering its source.

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138510
12/09/05 10:54 AM
12/09/05 10:54 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
It could be considered anti-Semitic because it feeds and reinforces a sterotype, true or not.

Like saying Blacks make better athletes, or Irish people drink more.
Or that Italians are gangsters.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138511
12/09/05 11:00 AM
12/09/05 11:00 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

I always learned that the Jewish financial stereotype came from the time of Jesus when the Jewish people were prodominantly coing exchangers. So people coming from other parts of the world had to exchange their 20 whatevers for the money of the area. But say 20 of their money equaled 10 of the money the Jewish people were exchanging, the Jewish would make them pay 40 for 10.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138512
12/09/05 12:37 PM
12/09/05 12:37 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by The Dr. who fixed Lucy:
[quote]Don Vercetti
[b]didn't the Palestinians allow the Jews their land
Yeah, that's what they did!
[/b][/quote]Instead of laughing on something I said I was probably mistaken in how about telling me what happened?

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138513
12/09/05 12:41 PM
12/09/05 12:41 PM
UK
The Dr. who fixed Lucy Offline
Underboss
The Dr. who fixed Lucy  Offline
Underboss
UK
I'm sorry, but does it sound very likely that the Palestinians would have agreed to give up their homeland?

Here's a link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel/History#Early_history_of_modern_Israel

And the relevant part:

Quote:
Following World War II, the British announced their intention to withdraw from the mandate of Palestine. The United Nations General Assembly (GA Resolution 181, November 29, 1947) proposed the partition of Palestine into two states, an Arab state and a Jewish state, with Jerusalem to be under United Nations administration (see map). Most Jews in Palestine accepted the proposal, while most of the Arabs in Palestine rejected it. The Arabs totally rejected the idea of a Jewish state in Palestine
In the age of Wikipedia there is no excuse for ignorance. Sorry!

Joey ...

BANG BANG

... Saza!
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138514
12/09/05 02:28 PM
12/09/05 02:28 PM
The 5th circle of hell
Don Smitty Offline
Underboss
Don Smitty  Offline
Underboss
The 5th circle of hell
This guy was one of the captors of the american hostages. He's an anti semetic slob. He better be careful that Isreal doesn't accidently drop a bomb on his house, the same way that Reagan did to Kadafy. The Iranian people should impeach his ass.

DS

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and went to bed with only half of it done.

http://attacked911.tripod.com/
http://www.stjude.org/
Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138515
12/09/05 05:32 PM
12/09/05 05:32 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Smitty:
The Iranian people should impeach his ass.
Cool! Me and Smitty agree.

Re: Iranian President Questions Holocaust #138516
12/09/05 05:35 PM
12/09/05 05:35 PM
East Tennessee
R
R

East Tennessee
Impeach his ass? No no no...

He just needs a good kick in the ass!

Page 1 of 2 1 2