GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 99 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 68,943
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,299
Hollander 26,337
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,815
Posts1,069,553
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139176
12/14/05 02:17 AM
12/14/05 02:17 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
I was just wondering who decides what means the inmate will be exacuted with?
Isn't it depended on the state, where one lives in? I think the means are the same for every execution in each state according to the laws of that state.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139177
12/14/05 02:35 AM
12/14/05 02:35 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Snake, aren't we supposed to not consider parts of the Old Testament, which have been overruled in the New Testament? I mean, it is taking it out of context when you quote from the Old Testament and do not consider what was changed in the New Testament. Pig was considered unclean to eat for Jews, men must have been circumcised, a woman who had recently given birth must have had some animal to be sacrificed depended on the sex of her baby and many other things that were voided in the New Testament. I believe if you are going to go with the Bible, then you have to consider all the changes that was made to it as well.

One thing that might be interesting to you is that when Islam came, all I mentioned above were rolled back in place. I kind of think it was more the custom of the region, rather than the laws of God, because people didn't buy Christianity in its birthplace very well. I mean yesterday you were told you are not to eat ham and today it is all right?!!

I think everyone already knows that I believe in a secular state, I don't mean that laws should be completely based on religions anyway, they can change according to the needs of the society and no one should be so sacred when they conveniently hide behind Holy books to do their way.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139178
12/14/05 02:42 AM
12/14/05 02:42 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
If you found yourself covicted of a murder that you didn't commit and were sentenced to death, would you confess, apologize, and show contrition if it meant that your sentence would be commuted?

I'm not sure what I would do.
I don't know either plaw. It is completely human that you lie to save your life. It is divine if you didn't and stick to your principals. I don't know if I don't break in such condition...

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139179
12/14/05 03:18 AM
12/14/05 03:18 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

1) I don't think anyone can give a true answer unless they are actually in the situation.

2) I would think it would depend on outside forces. Say you are accused of killing a 5 year old girl. Now you are given the chance to apologize and stay in prison your whole life. But your family starts receiving death threats, or your wife is attacked or threatened, all of these things happening to your family. I would think the outside influnces would be MORE than principles.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139180
12/14/05 03:25 AM
12/14/05 03:25 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Quote:
Originally posted by Mignon:
I was just wondering who decides what means the inmate will be exacuted with?
It all depends on what means of execution each state has. For instance, Virginia has both the lethal injection and the electric chair. If someone is convicted of a crime and sentenced to death, that said individual has the right to choose how he/she wants to be executed. Here's a link that breaks down which states actually have capital punishment, and what means they use:

Methods of Execution

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139181
12/14/05 03:34 AM
12/14/05 03:34 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
2) I would think it would depend on outside forces. Say you are accused of killing a 5 year old girl. Now you are given the chance to apologize and stay in prison your whole life. But your family starts receiving death threats, or your wife is attacked or threatened, all of these things happening to your family. I would think the outside influnces would be MORE than principles.
Although I agree to some extend, It is still your principles that tells you should protect your family.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139182
12/14/05 03:50 AM
12/14/05 03:50 AM
Existential Well
svsg Offline
Underboss
svsg  Offline
Underboss
Existential Well
xXx, The description of each of the methods of execution in the link you posted made me sick. Imagining each of these, brought the fear of death in me for a moment. I can't explain it, it is scary.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139183
12/14/05 11:00 AM
12/14/05 11:00 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Snake, aren't we supposed to not consider parts of the Old Testament, which have been overruled in the New Testament? I mean, it is taking it out of context when you quote from the Old Testament and do not consider what was changed in the New Testament. Pig was considered unclean to eat for Jews, men must have been circumcised, a woman who had recently given birth must have had some animal to be sacrificed depended on the sex of her baby and many other things that were voided in the New Testament. I believe if you are going to go with the Bible, then you have to consider all the changes that was made to it as well.

One thing that might be interesting to you is that when Islam came, all I mentioned above were rolled back in place. I kind of think it was more the custom of the region, rather than the laws of God, because people didn't buy Christianity in its birthplace very well. I mean yesterday you were told you are not to eat ham and today it is all right?!!

I think everyone already knows that I believe in a secular state, I don't mean that laws should be completely based on religions anyway, they can change according to the needs of the society and no one should be so sacred when they conveniently hide behind Holy books to do their way.
You are correct about the matter of what's known as progressive revelation. However, certain commands are not ruled null and void with the First Advent of Christ. Those with "eternal principles" behind them, for example. The reasoning behind this particular command is an eternal one, not bound by time or culture. In Genesis, I believe the reasoning was because man was made in the image of God. That fact did not change in the New testament.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139184
12/14/05 11:33 AM
12/14/05 11:33 AM
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E Lucky R Offline
Made Member
E Lucky R  Offline
Made Member
The death penalty is for countries such as Iran, North Korea, Yemen, etc.

I really don't undertand why the US hasn't abolished it yet.

I understand that it's supposed to scare people but:

- Real psycho's don't care about whatever punishement the might get; they're PSYCHO's!;
- The death penalty is irreversable and people (judges, juries, lawyers) do make mistakes. Even if 1 out of 1000 executed would prove to be innocent (after the sentence has been carried out) that's one too many. And this happens, over and over again.
- Life in prison with no parole is a lot worse than death, especially if you're gang-raped every now and then (this also happens, over and over again).

But hey, that's just my opinion...

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139185
12/14/05 12:22 PM
12/14/05 12:22 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
You are correct about the matter of what's known as progressive revelation. However, certain commands are not ruled null and void with the First Advent of Christ. Those with "eternal principles" behind them, for example. The reasoning behind this particular command is an eternal one, not bound by time or culture. In Genesis, I believe the reasoning was because man was made in the image of God. That fact did not change in the New testament.
Are you talking about death penalty? I've not read the whole Bible, but there are enough references in the New Testament to make me think that death penalty is voided in the New Testament.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139186
12/14/05 12:27 PM
12/14/05 12:27 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
New Testament:

Romans 13
Submission to the Authorities
1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. (NIV)

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139187
12/14/05 12:28 PM
12/14/05 12:28 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by E Lucky R:
The death penalty is for countries such as Iran, North Korea, Yemen, etc.
I'm wondering if his majesty would let us stop death penalty if we somehow could agree on overthrowing such a law. :rolleyes:

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139188
12/14/05 12:35 PM
12/14/05 12:35 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
New Testament:

Romans 13
Submission to the Authorities
1Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. 4For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. (NIV)
The problem is, we don't have authorities established by God at the moment. If you really want to see authorities who hide behind Holy books to make people what they want, be my guest at my house for a while and live here. You'll see why I say we can not have laws completely based on religion and authorities, who are untouchable and sacred.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139189
12/14/05 12:53 PM
12/14/05 12:53 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
The idea is that the authoritites (all authorities) are ultimately under God's sovereign control, whether they acknowledge Him or not. Compare Proverbs 21:

1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD;
he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.
(NIV)

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139190
12/14/05 01:04 PM
12/14/05 01:04 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
The idea is that the authoritites (all authorities) are ultimately under God's sovereign control, whether they acknowledge Him or not. Compare Proverbs 21:

1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD;
he directs it like a watercourse wherever he pleases.
(NIV)
Aw... That explains things. Our authorities have no heart to be controlled. But seriously, you need to accept my invitation.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139191
12/14/05 01:11 PM
12/14/05 01:11 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I can imagine. Frankly, I can even think of some Christians whom I wouldn't want in authority! I'm not one of these who believes in protesting for moral legislation, etc., because I believe in Prov. 21 and accept it, for better or worse. To illicit change, you have to work on a person's heart. Until the heart's changed, all the protesting in the world isn't gonna do a thing...except maybe really make the religious communtiy look like a bunch of self-righteous pigs. I don't recall hearing of Jesus walking around Rome and protesting, nor any of His disciples. Just my 2 cents.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139192
12/14/05 01:15 PM
12/14/05 01:15 PM
E Lucky R Offline
Made Member
E Lucky R  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by E Lucky R:
[b] The death penalty is for countries such as Iran, North Korea, Yemen, etc.
I'm wondering if his majesty would let us stop death penalty if we somehow could agree on overthrowing such a law. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]Who do you mean by his majesty?

NOTE: In case it's anyone else than our (my) Queen Beatrix, I DON'T BOW. Especially not for any socalled God, Allah, Buddha, Mickey Mouse or The Tooth Fairy.

I do however think that any citizen should obey the laws of his / her country, above any other law, including (or even: especially) the laws of socalled gods, allah's, buddha's, etc. or else move to a country where the government and church are one, such as Iran or as Afghanistan used to be (Where the Taliban quoted a similar book as you seem to be quoting)...very cosy and nice living there.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139193
12/14/05 02:32 PM
12/14/05 02:32 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by E Lucky R:
Who do you mean by his majesty?
I meant you. You said it is for us, that's why I said that. Read sarcasm.

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139194
12/14/05 02:44 PM
12/14/05 02:44 PM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
Oooooo...

Re: What If You Were On Death Row ? #139195
12/14/05 03:28 PM
12/14/05 03:28 PM
E Lucky R Offline
Made Member
E Lucky R  Offline
Made Member
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by E Lucky R:
[b] Who do you mean by his majesty?
I meant you. You said it is for us, that's why I said that. Read sarcasm. [/b][/quote]Aaah, of course!

OK:

"I hereby declare the death penalty abolished"

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull