Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I can't understand why someone would not be willing - assuming that they could afford it - to pay $1 a month to support a site that they use regularly.
How does the saying go Plaw?

Why buy the cow when you're getting the milk for free?

Why pay Geoff for his services when he willingly gives it up free? :p

Obviously Geoff has already decided that he will never charge any of us to use these boards or his site. So it really has now become a moot point.

I thank Geoff for his efforts, hard work and his generosity.

I think that your idea was a very good one and a sincere one. I personally wouldn't have had a problem financially contributing for the use of this site. But if he feels that he does not want any of us to pay him for using his site, then that's his decision to make. After all, we are not communists here.

I guess that the best way for us to show him our grattitude is for us to try and be a bit more civil towards each other when debating, and by using the banners on this site whenever we are in the market for something that may be available through the use of one of those banners.

But I hear where your coming from Plaw, and it boggles my mind too.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.