Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

BTW, JJ, what have you read besides those which you mentioned?

I read a spate of early books back in the mid-sixties which raised many questions, but provided few answers.

Then I read another round when the Stone film came out, some of it reissued and updated versions of earlier stuff, and some of it new.

But the most recent book I read, I think, was Posner's aplogia for the Warren Report, Case Closed (1993), and Harold Weisberg's response, Case Open (1994).

Oh, and Mrs. Paine's Garage (Thomas Mallon, 2002).
Too numerous to mention all of them, but some of those that I rely on for my research are both Kennedy biographies and assassination books. I like both the aforementioned Davis Dynasty and Disaster as well as Robert Dallek's An Unfinished Life. I don't care for Hersh's Dark Side of Camelot or Thomas Reeves Question of Character because they take a particularly negative look at Kennedy, and I much prefer objective biographies.

With regards to the assassination, the ones I can think of off the top of my head are the aforementioned Russo's Live By The Sword, David Scheim's Contract on America, Peter Dale Scott's Deep Politics and the Death of JFK, Gerald Posner's Case Closed, Morrow's First Hand Knowledge, and the current Hartman release, Ultimate Sacrifice. I've cited many more, but have not actually read their entireties, and have documented many other sources including the Warren Report, the HSCA (what I can find, at least, with thanks to Turnbull ), Fletcher Prouty (in both his book and his claims on the bonus disc of the JFK special edition).

I'm in the process of obtaining other notable works, especially Davis' book on Carlos Marcello and the Kennedy assassination, as well as the books by the grassy knoll witnesses.