GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Trojan, RushStreet), 890 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,099
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,535
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,613
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,839
Posts1,070,430
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: "The American Taliban" #142851
01/13/06 06:13 PM
01/13/06 06:13 PM
East Tennessee
R
ronnierocketAGO Offline OP
ronnierocketAGO  Offline OP
R

East Tennessee
Both extremists on both sides need a swift punch to their voice-boxes methinks.

Re: "The American Taliban" #142852
01/14/06 02:21 AM
01/14/06 02:21 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Let me get one thing straight before I make this post. I love America and Americans. Most of my relatives and many of my friends are Americans. The U.S.A. since 1800 has been the #1 athletic, cultural, intellectual, politcal and technological superpower. Many people criticize the U.S.A. without knowing the great contributions that the country has made to the growth of human civilization. To list them all would be a Herculean but needless endeavour as they are so well known. To criticize the American people without reason is, needless to say, just plain ignorant and stupid. However, legitimate criticism of the American Government that is actually based on valid facts or opinions is not only acceptable but absolutely necessary in order to further the search for peace in the world. This criticism is not only needed outside the U.S. but inside it too. I include this little preamble to my post not because I feel that I have to prove my love and respect for the U.S. and Americans but because in these troubled times the accusation of anti-Americanism much like anti-Semitism (a misnomer as Arabs are Semites as well) has been bandied about so much that it has lost most of its meaning. This does not only a disservice to real, legitimate victims of anti-Americanism and anti-Semitism it serves as an attempt to blackball people and scare them from voicing their opinions.

Having said all this, Let's take a look at the more notable members of the "American Taliban" and some members I nominate for this group.

John Ashcroft

Pat Buchanan

George Bush

George Bush Jr.

Ann Coulter

Jerry Falwell

Jesse Helms

Rush Limbaugh

Pat Robertson

Rick Santorum

Laura Schlessinger

Jimmy Swaggart

Wow, they are not as bad as the Taliban but I think these tweleve are some of the most hated people in the world. My nominees for the "American Taliban" are:

Madeline Albright, Dick Chaney, Tucker Carlson, Louis Farrakhan, Benny Hinn, Daniel Pipes, Condoleeza Rice, John Rocker, Donald Rumsfeld, O.J. Simpson and Jack and Rexella Van Impe.

Oh yeah, and I'd like to nominate Barbara Amiel, David Asper, Leonard Asper, Paul Bernardo, Andre Boisclair, Scott Brison, Gilles Duceppe, Karla Homolka, Real Menard, Alex Munter, Kyle Rae and Svend Robinson for the "Canadian Taliban."

Re: "The American Taliban" #142853
01/14/06 08:24 AM
01/14/06 08:24 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL

Hey, how's it going?
Re: "The American Taliban" #142854
01/14/06 10:01 AM
01/14/06 10:01 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
The U.S.A. since 1800 has been the #1 athletic, cultural, intellectual, politcal and technological superpower.
True, arguable, not, true, true.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: "The American Taliban" #142855
01/14/06 10:02 AM
01/14/06 10:02 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Well, it looks like the Canadian "Taliban" as we've called them will get a boost, because from what I've hearing, Martin is about to be ousted in the elections along with the rest of the liberal party members... :p

Re: "The American Taliban" #142856
01/14/06 10:20 AM
01/14/06 10:20 AM
It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Turi Giuliano Offline
Turi Giuliano  Offline

It's fun to stay in the YMCA
Jasani, you love lists don't you. :p

I actually know someone, and I tease her rotten about it, that had a wierd list habit. It was so bad she actually kept a list of the lists she had.

So die all who betray Giuliano
Re: "The American Taliban" #142857
01/14/06 01:28 PM
01/14/06 01:28 PM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Don Jasani Offline
Underboss
Don Jasani  Offline
Underboss
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
T.G., yeah man, I've got some sort of a list fetish I guess. I think it's natural though. I mean what's more natural than the human desire to quantify? "How much money do you make?" "How much is that baseball card worth?" "How old are you?" "What time is last call?" "What are top 10 countries by GDP?" and so forth...Ok, maybe I'm the only one who cares about that last one. I'm not at the point where I make lists of all the lists I have, but I don't think I have a very long walk to get there.

Double-J, it may surprise you to hear this but I intend to vote for Stephen Harper and the Conservative Party of Canada in the upcoming election. I consider myself a Centre-Left person because I would say that I am conservative on some issues (crime, gay marriage, the size of government and its responsibilities, tobacco and alcohol control and others) and I am liberal on other issues (abortion, the death penalty, immigration, marijuana and prostitution legalization, the seperation of Mosque/Church/Synagogue and state and others). I did vote for Prime Minister Paul Martin and the Liberal Party in the last (2004) election because I felt that he did an extremely good job as Finance Minister under Prime Minister Jean Chretien, I thought that he would work hard on issues such as Senate Reform and establishing a EEE Senate and fixed election dates, and I wanted to reward the Liberal Party for helping the U.S. in Afghanistan and abstaining from the war on Iraq. While Martin has not been an absolute disaster as Prime Minister and he has manouvred around some shaky territory in a Minority Parliament situation I think that Stephen Harper is more serious about issues such as Senate Reform/establishing fixed election dates, crime, national unity, limiting the extent of government and other issues. His promise to lower the General Sales Tax (G.S.T. which is now at 7%) to 5% within 5 years doesn't hurt either. I sincerely hope that Mr. Harper wins the election and wins a majority government. With the polls looking like he will do so, I think the immediate future of Canada is going to be in very capable hands.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull