DC, as you might know, Islam is not my cup of tea, but I've had to study it. So, I've some comments on your post.

The third quote has been taken out of context. That's actually the torture that Ferro of Egypt warned to the sorcerers who converted to Jewish faith after they saw Moses turned a stick into a dragon or other miracles to this effect. He told them if they start following Moses, they will have to confront those tortures.

I really would like to know the verse number for the second quote, as I need to verify that.

All and all I don't say Islam is the religion for peace. I know lots and lots of quotes about tortures for adulterers, thieves or those who drink alcohol and it goes on and on. After all this was the religion that tried to tone down the primitive Arabs who were killing their infant daughters, looking down to women and throw them out of their houses when they aged, drank and lived but like human beings. Compelling this religion on civilizations around though, that was a huge set back in civilization.

And I'm still waiting on the 72 virgin references, but still no one has provided me with the verse number. Do you really think, someone as rich as Osama, if had lived in SA couldn't have thousands of virgins right here on Earth in his Harem? That 72 virgin might be the fantasy of any man outside SA or some other Arab countries where polygamy is illegal, but you'd have to look for more motives about a suicide bombing when it comes down to those who follow Islam. Islam wouldn't ban men of having as many women as they want.

But still the question stands, and that's personal for some people, but how is that some who cry to prevent abortion, are for bombing that results in killing hundreds, including women and children? And if they are really followers of the person who was tortured, crucified and yet asked for forgiveness for those who did him wrong, how could they agree with torture?

And how is that only those we don't like are called terrorists, but those who bomb villages, where also children are living are not? We all are full of contradictions, and for what's worth, let's not attach ourselves to higher beings thinking we are the chosen ones. The simple fact is, there is no difference between us if any of us chose to do inhumane, because then we would be inhumane, no matter what nationality or religion we've.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones