Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Spartacus (Kirk Douglas) and Varinia (Jean Simmons) are alone and telling each other how much they love one another and she tells him that she is carrying his child. The musical score combined with the acting in that scene could make even the meanest person in the world feel the love that Spartacus and Verinia have for each other.

IMO one of the most underated love scenes in movie history.

I also think that the scene near the end ( SPOILERS) when Spartacus and Antoninus (Tony Curtis) who have now formed a brotherly bond of love between them, are forced to fight each other to the death, with the surviver being crucified.
Quote:
Originally posted by Turnbull:
My choice is the scene in "Laura" (Preminger, 1944), when Lt. MacPherson (Dana Andrews), falling in love with Laura, whose supposed murder he's investigating, goes alone to Laura's apartment to gaze at her portrait, rifle through her things, read her love letters. The rain, the subtle lighting and photography, the haunting theme playing...oh, how wonderful! IMO, the greatest love scene ever--even without so much as a kiss.
Yes TB, Laura is most definitely up there as one of my favorites.

Another one that comes to mind is a movie titled "Potrait Of Jennie" with Jennifer Jones and Joseph Cotton.
A beautiful love story and suspense story. While there isn't any specific scene that I can point out, IMO the movie as a whole rates up there as one of the classic love/suspense stories of all time.

Joseph Cotton is an artist who is having a hard time selling his paintings. A woman (Ethel Barrymore) buys one of his paintings, but makes him realize that he'll never be a well known great artist until he finds something that inspires him to paint. He meets a little girl named Jennie Appleton, who is wearing these old fashioned clothes and talking about things that happened in the past. Joseph Cotton does a sketch of her, which he sells to Miss Spinney. She tells him that she believes that he's found his inspiration. A few weeks later he runs into Jennie and she's aged something like three years. Everytime time he meets her, she's years older. Cotton begins painting her portrait and begins falling in love with Jennie. But deep down inside he knows there is something strange about her. The movie gets really interesting when Cotton starts to try and find out what she is all about and begins to dig into her past.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.