GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 925 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,099
DE NIRO 44,954
J Geoff 31,300
Hollander 26,537
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,613
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,839
Posts1,070,441
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Circumcision Battle *DELETED* #148423
02/19/06 01:37 PM
02/19/06 01:37 PM
P
Partagas Offline OP
Partagas  Offline OP
P

Post deleted by Partagas

Re: Circumcision Battle #148424
02/19/06 01:48 PM
02/19/06 01:48 PM
Northern NJ
Daigo Mick Friend Offline
Underboss
Daigo Mick Friend  Offline
Underboss
Northern NJ
Thanks for the story.

I don't know if your need to post the whole entire story.
Maybe you should edit it.

You know snip it down a bit

"Francis can I have a momment"
Re: Circumcision Battle #148426
02/19/06 07:54 PM
02/19/06 07:54 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
I saw that coming. :p

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Circumcision Battle #148427
02/19/06 08:13 PM
02/19/06 08:13 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
My 2 cents on the topic...

The foreskin is there for a reason, to protect the glans of the penis. It also leaves the glans quite sensitive, enhancing sexual pleasure.

If your religion dictates it, then so be it. But I am pretty much against what has been routine circumcision on newborns except in the extremely rare cases that it is medically necessary.

The decision (except in those cases) should be left to the boy himself, when he becomes of age. If he doesn't want it any more, then fine - that should be his decision. It's much easier to remove a body part than to get it back.

There is absolutely no reason for it to be removed simply because "everyone" gets it done, or because a parent may think it's "ugly". I think it's barbaric.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Circumcision Battle #148428
02/19/06 08:15 PM
02/19/06 08:15 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
The decision (except in those cases) should be left to the boy himself, when he becomes of age. If he doesn't want it any more, then fine - that should be his decision.
Is there any question as to what the answer to that would be?

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Circumcision Battle #148429
02/19/06 08:20 PM
02/19/06 08:20 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
Is there any question as to what the answer to that would be?
Only because of the on-going mutilations here in North America could your question even sound humorous. If it wasn't so commonplace and "expected" for so long, then it wouldn't be an issue. :p

Other places in the world have no problem with it, why should we? Aren't we supposed to be a civilized culture by now?? Putting newborns through unneccessary pain for what many would consider cosmetic reasons is not civilized (IMHO).

PS - I should've known it'd be with DMC that I'd get into a penis debate!!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Circumcision Battle #148430
02/19/06 08:28 PM
02/19/06 08:28 PM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

I don't think I follow what you are saying JG, I meant if it was me and I was 14,15,20,30,50 and someone said I'm going to cut your penis, I think I'd pass on it, no questions asked.

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Circumcision Battle #148431
02/19/06 08:49 PM
02/19/06 08:49 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Oh! I read what you said backwards then, sorry... Now you're making more sense!

Re: Circumcision Battle #148432
02/19/06 10:14 PM
02/19/06 10:14 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Some anonymous motel room.
Geoff feels very strongly about foreskin, ironically he also feels foreskin very strongly.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Circumcision Battle #148433
02/19/06 10:20 PM
02/19/06 10:20 PM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Not so long ago, many pediatricians felt that circumcision was also better for cleanliness, especially with younger children...though many now say that isn't the case.

Re: Circumcision Battle #148434
02/19/06 10:31 PM
02/19/06 10:31 PM
California
The Italian Stallionette Offline
The Italian Stallionette  Offline

California
Way back when I had my kids, included in your estimated payment and/or insurance payment was the fee for a circumcision, should it be a boy, as though it were a given. Having only girls, I never had to deal with it, but is it considered not as necessary now as it was in the olden days?

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon

Re: Circumcision Battle #148436
02/19/06 10:48 PM
02/19/06 10:48 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...There is absolutely no reason for it to be removed simply because "everyone" gets it done, or because a parent may think it's "ugly"...
Way to go, JGeoff!!

My friend adopted a 1yr old little boy from Russia a couple of years ago. The child was uncircumciced and my friend being an typical American woman, was just not used to the...um...look. Anyway, she told me she did plan to get him circumcised, but when she mentioned this to a doctor he STRONGLY advised against it, for just the reasons you mention above. At that point, there would have been absolutely NO reason to do such a thing except to please the mother. The boy would have gained nothing healthwise, and would had to have been put under general anasthesia. Although very young and assumedly resilient as most kids are, there was no telling how he'd react to the wound since he was no longer a newborn.

Needless to say, the mother finally did decide against the procedure. It will be entirely his choice when he's older.

Heck, I've changed the kid's diapers and it looks odd to me, too! But I haven't really seen enough of those things to really be an expert.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Circumcision Battle #148438
02/19/06 11:07 PM
02/19/06 11:07 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by Partagas:
... It had to do soemthing with infections (I did not want to know the details!)...
I don't want to know the details, either...but I bet he began washing under the ol' foreskin after that!!!

Glad I'll never get to meet your father-in-law...

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Circumcision Battle #148440
02/19/06 11:30 PM
02/19/06 11:30 PM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]... I am sure he does not want the whole BB to know whether he was circumcised or not...
And I'm sure you don't want him to know that you're
the one who told us about it !!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Circumcision Battle #148442
02/20/06 12:12 AM
02/20/06 12:12 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
But I haven't really seen enough of those things to really be an expert.
If he had experienced rejection by a woman a few times because he was uncircumcised, I'd bet he'd opt to get one.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Circumcision Battle #148444
02/20/06 12:34 AM
02/20/06 12:34 AM
Mad Johnny Offline
BANNED
Mad Johnny  Offline
BANNED
The practice really didn't start in America until the Victorian era, when "germs are every where waiting to kill you."

Also out of (or born in) the Victorian era-

- White counter tops in the kitchen allow you to see germs. When a counter top is pure white, its clean.

- Kaiser Wilhelm II, Tsar Nicholas II, Lenin

Those were messed up times. Needless to say, mainland Europe didn't follow the crazy Americans.

Officially the victim/target of the first and third Non-Aggression Pact attacks #2 is Fathersson # 4 is Double-J

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006

Double-J: may you serve us better from above, smile on from heaven

"Buh-Bye"
Re: Circumcision Battle #148445
02/20/06 04:08 AM
02/20/06 04:08 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
My entire point can be summed up as: evolution created such protection for men, and for a reason. Period.

And as I said, if for religious reasons you decide to have your kids mutilated, then, I guess that's fine.

But, besides that, there is absolutely, positively, 99.99% NO reason to have this mutilation done to any newborn!!

If someone thinks it's ugly (and it's not theirs) then that's the problem of our brutal society creating that imposed image to begin with. Quite ridiculous, if you ask me.

And I'm not blaming any parents who've made that decision for their children -- that was how it was -- but it is the 21st Century now, and no one's died that I know of, nor had any ill health whatsoever, from how GOD created us to begin with, 1000s of years ago.

Anuses can be quite ugly - why don't we extract those? *sigh*

It's b.s., as far as I'm concerned. But I stand by what I think: NO ONE should have ANY right to decide to SURGICALLY REMOVE A BODY PART from you, other than yourself.

Period.

Re: Circumcision Battle #148446
02/20/06 04:20 AM
02/20/06 04:20 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
But if most men are gonna wind up getting one anyway,...
Apparently you missed my entire point...

Re: Circumcision Battle #148447
02/20/06 04:21 AM
02/20/06 04:21 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Quote:
I do remember a couple years ago, may father-in-law's doctor recomended him to get circumcised.
Many doctors do this operation for free. They just work for tips.

Re: Circumcision Battle #148448
02/20/06 04:27 AM
02/20/06 04:27 AM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
You forgot the " :rolleyes: " after that....

Re: Circumcision Battle #148449
02/20/06 04:32 AM
02/20/06 04:32 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Sorry.

:rolleyes:

Thats right.... I'm a post count whore. :p

Re: Circumcision Battle #148450
02/20/06 10:06 AM
02/20/06 10:06 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]But if most men are gonna wind up getting one anyway,...
Apparently you missed my entire point... [/b][/quote]No, I think your point was that no one should have the right to remove a body part of another, so those decisions should be left to the owner of the body part in question when they are old enough to decide for themselves.

But suppose you had a child who was born with, say, ear lobes that were two or three times larger than normal sized ear lobes?

No healh issue involved, they just looked a little ridiculous based on our society's standards.

And the doctor tells you that while the baby was in infancy would be the best time to surgically correct the problem. Just a little snipping.....

Wouldn't you do it?

Now, I know that this example isn't the greatest. All men are born with a foreskin, so it's not considered a deformity, as three inch ear lobes would be.

But if you want to give me a "God" argument, then I could certainly argue that God intended for this child to have ear lobes that were three inches long.

Bottom line: It would be surgery performed for purely cosmetic reasons.

Look, religious reasons aside, if we could go back several hundred or a thousand years or whatever, and nip the practice in the bud (so to speak), so that today it was the American men with the circumcisions that were in the vast minority and those without were considered the norm, then I'd agree with you.

But, unfortunately, we can't go back in time and change the way we've been doing it for so long.

Now, I could be 100% wrong here, but I suspect that when a man's pants come off for the first time in front of a potential lover, that lover is expecting to see a circumcised penis, and that a good many people would, in fact, be completely turned off by the sight of one that wasn't.

If that is not the case, and no one cared, then I think I would agree with you. That's why I suggested a poll, BTW.

Ideally, of course, pants wouldn't be coming off until the people involved were in love, or at least in strong "like", or at the very least at a point in their relationship at which whether or not the penis was circumcised would make a difference but, unfortunately, we aren't at that ideal point in our society.

Sadly, I must confess that if I found myself involved in an intimate situation with a particular woman for the first time, and her genitalia, when initially revealed to me, proved to be radically different in some respect from what any of my five senses had become accustomed to in the past, I would probably be turned off.

Re: Circumcision Battle #148451
02/20/06 10:08 AM
02/20/06 10:08 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
[QUOTE]....If most women do prefer that their male partner have one, would that influence your decision as a male to have one...If I had a newborn son, and if I were convinced that health was not an issue, and but I was also convinced that most women would reject a male partner because they weren't circumcised and most men were, I would want my son to have one because I wouldn't want my son to be "different",...
I think this 'preference' for one may again be a mostly American thing. Which reminds me of a story....

Some 20 years ago I worked at a Greek Diner in Manhattan. A friend of dropped in and took a liking to one of our waiters...well, the two eventually went out & had some of that foreplay we're all so fond of , and the very next day first thing she mentioned was that this guy much as she liked him was not circumcised!! Because of this, she truly didn't know if she could continue dating and eventually hit the sack with him.

Well, he called her and she pondered over it, did talk about the 'germ' thing but really liked him and in the end they did go to bed and from what I heard a splendid time was had by all . My friend however, made a point of joking to me that the next time they got together she'd be sure to hand him a washcloth before they got too busy.

Now, this guy was Greek-born and had to be in at least his early 40's at the time. Which means he probably had had plenty of experience with women by the time he met my friend. As with shaved armpits, this circimcision thing may just be an American vs. European woman's preference.

However plawrence, I must question your theory about having your hypothetical son circumcised if for no other reason than to not have him rejected as an adult by women...for I would hate to see female babies altered in any way just from her parents' pre-concieved notion that she might one-day be physically 'rejected' by men. And of course, I don't mean when it involves a serious deformity which was clearly not what nature intended.

I think that even in hospitals, and with non-Jewish babies, this whole thing became common practice because of the germ issue. But in many cases, the decision probably is made by parents who are concerned about 'the look'. It will probably take a full generation to turn that around.

Regarding the 'pain' issue though...personally, I figure a newborn infant who cannot yet even think goes through so much discomfort just from being squirted out of that nice, warm, cozy womb that I don't think the minor alteration of a properly performed circumcision would really serve to traumatize that little boy for life. Nor do I think he'd 'remember' it years later. That's psychological hogwash.

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Circumcision Battle #148452
02/20/06 10:22 AM
02/20/06 10:22 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
It almost certainly is an "American thing", but the fact remains that reality is reality, and if you read my last post above, your friend's little adventure proves my point to some extent.

By the time things reach the point where everyone is ready to get naked it really shouldn't make a difference, but apparently, to many, it would.

And yes, it will take a generation or two to change things around, but since I don't see that happening yet (although it does seem to be starting to happen slowly), I'd opt for my son having the same, um, "look" as most American males do.

Re: Circumcision Battle #148453
02/20/06 10:31 AM
02/20/06 10:31 AM
New Jersey
AppleOnYa Offline
AppleOnYa  Offline

New Jersey
Quote:
...if you read my last post above, your friend's little adventure proves my point to some extent...
No, it doesn't really prove your point at all. Because as mentioned in MY post above, this guy was Greek and remained uncircumcised well into his 40's (and probably still is, wherever he is) ... which means that regardless of my own friend's misgivings (although she eventually gave in to physical desire), he had probably had many happy rendevous with women who had no problem dealing with that 'little something extra'. Obviously, no female preference had forced him to make the decision to have the procedure done.

Including his wife, whom he probably went home to after having that fling with my friend.

Ahhhhh, youth!!!

Apple

- THOMAS JEFFERSON

Re: Circumcision Battle #148454
02/20/06 01:27 PM
02/20/06 01:27 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by AppleOnYa:
Ahhhhh, youth!!!
Wasted on the young...

Re: Circumcision Battle #148455
02/20/06 02:52 PM
02/20/06 02:52 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Let's see how many potentially offensive comments are in here: :p (italics mine)

Quote:

No healh issue involved, they just looked a little ridiculous based on our society's standards.
the best time to surgically correct the problem. Just a little snipping
It would be surgery performed for purely cosmetic reasons.
and that a good many people would, in fact, be completely turned off by the sight of one that wasn't.
her genitalia, when initially revealed to me, proved to be radically different in some respect from what any of my five senses had become accustomed to in the past, I would probably be turned off.
First off, I love it when MEN have such strong opinions about how they think uncut penises are "unsightly" - as if they think cut penises are more pleasant to look at. :p

So let's see... according to Plaw natural penises look a little ridiculous, are a problem, they need surgical alteration for cosmetic reasons, they are radically different, and, he's completely turned off by them.

As for any health benefits of circumcision, I think it's mostly bullshit. One just needs to clean himself - it's called a shower. :p Read this page called Circumcision Positions of Advocates and Critics and the other articles on that site, including Circumcision to Look Like Others and the rest.

Some highlights:

"Circumcision violates a major principle of medical practice: First, do no harm. It also violates all seven principles of medical ethics. (When circumcision is performed, it does not treat any disease, injury, or other health problem)"

"Circumcision involves cutting off normal, healthy, functioning tissue to prevent potential UTI (urinary tract infection) problems in the future. There is no disease or infection present at the time of surgery. If we were to apply this principle in trying to prevent other potential problems, then we would be pulling healthy teeth to prevent cavities. Clearly, this principle is irrational."

"Circumcised men do not know what they are missing. They believe that the sexual sensitivity they have without a foreskin is "normal." (Similarly, a woman born in Somalia who had been subjected to a severe form of female circumcision insisted that it had no impact. "It's the same thing. There is nothing different about my sexuality.") According to one man who was circumcised as an adult, sex without a foreskin is like sight without color. Those who have not seen in color cannot appreciate what is lost."

If anything, just read this summary ... and these myths from an organization called NORM (National Organziation of Restoring Men) who claim that "a 1991 survey of 301 males seeking restoration information showed almost 70% of those circumcised as infants or as children resent their parents for their circumcision."

Many mothers who have had it done are traumatized for years.

Even Jews are quesitioning the practice , and many choose not to do it. Here is a summary, including:

"In actual practice, many Jews circumcise because of cultural conformity, not religious reasons. ...Most circumcisions of male infants of American Jewish parents are done in hospitals without any religious ritual."

For even more, check out the sites by National Organization to Halt the Abuse and Routine Mutilation of Males ("The most ardent supporters of genital mutilation are men and women who are circumcised, trapped in a cycle of abuse handed down to them, which they perpetuate onto their children."),
National Organization of Circumcision Information Resource Centers ("Not one national or international medical association in the world recommends routine circumcision"), and
International Coalition for Genital Integrity ("...when the health professional acts to support the interests of the state or other entity instead of those of the individual in a manner that violates the human rights of the individual") [italics mine], and even Doctors Opposing Circumcision (D.O.C.) which "intends to bring out the facts about this tragic practice."

Talk about human rights, try some of the articles on this page .

And lastly, since this is a long post...

Are supporters for male circumcision also supporters of female circumcision ?

Re: Circumcision Battle #148456
02/20/06 02:57 PM
02/20/06 02:57 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
P.S. The circumcision rate in the USA has dropped to 60%. Soon, it'll be less than half, and the minority. :p

Re: Circumcision Battle #148457
02/20/06 03:06 PM
02/20/06 03:06 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline
The Don
J Geoff  Offline
The Don

New Jersey, USA
And for you women on the board, you might get over the "unsightliness" after reading this :

Quote:
With their circumcised partners, women were more likely not to have a vaginal orgasm. Conversely, women were more likely to have a vaginal orgasm with an unaltered partner. Their circumcised partners were more likely to have premature ejaculation. Women were also more likely to state that they had had vaginal discomfort with a circumcised partner either often or occasionally as opposed to rarely or never.

More women reported that they never achieved orgasm with circumcised partners than with their unaltered partners. Also, they were more likely to report never having had a multiple orgasm with their circumcised partners. They were also more likely to report never having had a multiple orgasm with their circumcised partners. They were also more likely to report that vaginal secretions lessened as coitus progressed with their circumcised partners.

During prolonged intercourse with their circumcised partners, women were less likely to 'really get into it' and more likely to 'want to get it over with'. On the other hand, with their unaltered partners, the reverse was true, they were less likely to 'want to get it over with' and considerably more likely to 'really get into it.'
;)

Re: Circumcision Battle #148458
02/20/06 03:24 PM
02/20/06 03:24 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Another reason why being an Englishman is better than being an American.

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull