Just bought it today. Blew my mind. Seriously. This could be his best album ever, including Folsom. His voice is SO weak on some songs and you just want to reach out and hug him after the loss of June, yet on some tracks, like "God Will Cut You Down", his voice is more powerful than the likes of anything. After listening to the first song "Help Me", if you don't feel so pumped with emotion, you might need to check your pulse. His cover of the widely covered song "Four Strong Winds" rivals only Neil Young's version, but is a masterpiece all in itself. A Must Own. For Anyone. With Emotions.

Also bought American III: Solitary Man a while back. Also amazing. The tracks "The Mercy Seat" and "I See A Darkness" were some of the best songs I've heard in years.

The Doc

P.S. JJ, as for Brainwashed, I loved it. "Devil and the Deep Blue Sea" is one of my fav songs. "Any Road" is filled with so much energy and fun, it's impossible not to like. I was dissapointed with the title track though. All-in-all, a good farewell.

P.P.S. For another great "last album", check out Warren Zevon's The Wind. A few of the songs made me really emotional. But Zevon goes out in style as always.

And you liar, teller of tall tales: you trample all the Lord's commandments underfoot, you murder, steal, commit adultery, and afterward break into tears, beat your breast, take down your guitar and turn sin into a song. Shrewd devil, you know very well that God pardons singers no matter what they do, because he can simply die for a song.