GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Butchie1788, Ciment, 3 invisible), 321 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,819
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,553
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,534
Posts1,062,590
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Terrorists Attack Thwarted #163050
08/17/06 01:46 PM
08/17/06 01:46 PM
With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
dontomasso Offline
Consigliere to the Stars
dontomasso  Offline
Consigliere to the Stars

With Geary in Fredo's Brothel
Agreed DC, there is a difference. Anyone who would use their baby as a bomb in the name of religion is worse than an extremist. I think its interesting that the people who kill abortion doctors are not called "Christian Extremists" or "Christian Fascists" yet they are terrorists just the same. Ditto for some of the Hindu sects in India like the ones who murdered Ghandi.

If you really want to have the hair on your neck stand up read some of the Papal Bulls issued in the Middle Ages calling for the assassination of Queen Elizabeth I of England, and the torture of infidels including Jews and Muslims.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."

Re: Terrorists Attack Thwarted #163051
08/18/06 08:19 AM
08/18/06 08:19 AM
D
Double-J Offline
Double-J  Offline
D

Quote:
Originally posted by dontomasso:
The fact of the matter is that on August 6, 2001 a memo saying Bin Laden was going to use airplanes as weapons was ignored by the Bush White House. He was top busy clearing brush and condemning stem cell research in Crawford.
One of the great myths of the left. PLEASE try researching the facts.

First of all, it's rarely actually printed in the press, outside of its title. Why? Because it would ruin all of the fun. The title is the only part that makes it sound good: "Bin Ladin Determined to Strike US." Otherwise, it's really background info on Bin Laden. Even in the 9/11 commission, largely designed as a mop-up to prevent any significant blame from falling on the Clinton Administration, Condoleeza Rice was repeatedly blocked from discussing the content of the memo - she was only allowed to state the title, and she finally said her peace after arguing with the panel. Why not discuss the content if the memo is such "great" evidence that Bush ignored 9/11?

Secondly, let's get to the heart of it. Liberals who don't use facts (a large majority, I know) have no idea what this PDB is, but hold it up with some mythical sacredness as if it were the ark of the covenant between Bill Clinton and the democrats in the 2008 elections.

What it says:

1.) Myth: "Bin Laden is preparing an imminent attack on the US at locations in NYC and Washington, DC."

Truth:"Bin Ladin [sic] wants to attack in Washington...plans to mount a terrorist strike."

Gee, there's a surprise. A Muslim fundamentalist terrorist who wants to attack America? Well holy shit, let's go Delta 3! Except liberals won't like it, tell us we're taking away their constitutional freedoms, and then hold a peace and love conference for misunderstood terrorists everywhere (they're really nice people at heart).

2.) Myth: Bin Laden will attack sometime in September 2001, if not on the 11th.

Truth: "(Bin Ladin) plans his attacks years in advance and is not deterred by setbacks."

Well there is the smoking gun, right? He's planning an attack...sometime...somehow...somewhere (forgive me for not breaking out in a West Side Story chorus)...that means he is going to attack us EXACTLY on 9/11 in the morning in NYC and in Washington, D.C.!

3.) Myth: Memo said Bin Laden would use planes to attack the US.

Truth: "Bin Ladin wanted to hijack a US aircraft to gain the release of "Blind Shayk" Umar Ubd al-Rahman and other US held extremists."

Wait...you mean...Bin Laden wanted to use planes! OH MY GOD! SNAKES ON A PLANE! Err...except, the intelligence says he was thinking of hijacking a plane ala Qaddafi and holding people hostage in exchange for the Blind Shiek and his other fanatical buddies currently guests of the federal government (much to the chagrin of card-carrying ACLU members everywhere). It says nothing whatsoever that Bin Laden was going to use planes as missiles for suicide attacks.

4.) Myth: Memo said Bin Laden and his operatives were watching buildings in NY like the World Trade Center towers in order to plan an attack on them later.

Truth: "FBI information...indicates patterns of suspicious activity in this country...including recent surveillance of federal buildings in New York."

The WTC towers were not federal buildings. But damn! We were supposed to realize they were the target. Of course, because, it was a right wing conspiracy, but otherwise, yes! It's all your fault, Bush! You "knew" that Bin Laden...umm...wanted to attack America...somepoint...in the future...umm...k.

5.) Myth: The August 6th PDB memo explicitly stated that Bin Laden was going to attack with suicide plane attacks.

Truth: "Bin Ladin supporters (were) in the US planning attacks with explosives."

It didn't say they were going to ram jetliners loaded with human beings and fuel into the WTC. It didn't say they were going to hit the Pentagon. It said Bin Laden's group were planning an attack with explosives (which is the modus operandi for even the terrorist at the bottom of Allah's totem pole for suicide), and would hijack planes for hostage exchange, but not as missiles.

---

I sincerely hope that the debunking of this fabulous piece of evidence oft-touted by liberals as the most damning form of neglect by the Bush Administration is now forgotten. But it probably won't be, since it's such good material - after all, nobody questioned it in the media, and they're always fair and impartial, right?

So please, "spare us your bullshit."

"SNAKES ON A PLANE...THE DEMOCRATS HAVE TAKEN OVER AIR FORCE ONE!!!"
Double-J

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull