This isn't a first-hand account of what happened on that day...as I wasn't there. I didn't have anything especially interesting going on that day...but I can remember where I was at and what I was doing.

I was a junior in high school on 9/11/01. I had stayed home from school that day because I wasn't feeling well. I remember getting up that morning...and putting in the tape of Monday Night RAW I had recorded the night before. I was making myself some soup...when I got a phone call from my stepmother. She asked me if I was alright...if I had seen what just happened. I didn't know what the hell she was talking about. I had my wrestling tape on...so I hadn't seen or heard anything regarding the attack.

I turned off the VCR and the image that came across the screen nearly knocked me off my feet. The north tower of the World Trade Center was on fire...and within minutes of watching...the 2nd tower was hit. I wasn't there to see it first hand...but seeing it on live television was horrifying enough. I didn't know what to make of it...I didn't know what the hell was going on. I was 16 years old...I'd never even heard of al Qaeda or Osama bin Laden.

My uncle is a SgtMaj (retired) for the United States Army. He was on his way to the Pentagon (for reasons I'm not aware of) when the Pentagon was hit. Thank God he was running late that morning.

I read Don Cardi's description of the horrors he witnessed first-hand. Seeing people jumping from the towers...the smoke billowing from the towers...I can't imagine what that must have been like. But I know how it made me feel seeing it on television. I remember being angry...confused...frightened...saddened. All the schools in my area closed down...a lot of business closed down as well...as Washington D.C. is only but a few hours away.

I remember the next couple weeks...looking up in the skys...and not seeing any smoke trails in the sky. Not an airplane in sight. It was so quiet.

My father had a friend that lived in NYC as of 9/11...who at one point in his life worked at the WTC. He waited patiently for weeks for any sign that he was ok. About 3 weeks after the attacks...my dad got a post card in the mail stating "All is well."

Its been nearly 5 years since that dreadful day. And as many have stated above...in one respect...it feels like its been decades. And at the same time...it seems like only yesterday.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis