Donnie Brasco is one of the most underrated films of the past decade. It came during the time of Goodfellas, and was generally overlooked and forgotten. But as someone mentioned earlier, I enjoyed this film much more then Goodfellas. It is not shot or told with the same flair as Scorsese's masterpiece, but the acting is just as good, if not better than that in Goodfellas, and the plot is better, in my opinion. Pacino is Oscar-worthy in this film, folks. He puts on a tour-de-force performance, but over the top hysterics and subtleties that were rather uncommon at that stage in his career. It features one of the best-acted scenes in Pacino's illustrious career: his conversation with Depp after Christmas dinner. The subtelty is spot on for the lovable loser "Lefty" Ruggiero. Check it out.

I am glad someone started this thread. As I said, I feel that this film is a "hidden gem". My score is a 9 of 10. The only thing that keeps it from being a perfect film is the generally bland way it is presented. Had Scorsese gotten his hands on this cast and script, this would certainly be seen as one of the best films of the past decade.

J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! Jets!