GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 296 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
Happy birthday VanillaLimeCoke.
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,983
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,830
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,555
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,535
Posts1,062,659
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204625
12/30/05 09:06 AM
12/30/05 09:06 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
Two last questions, Don Pappo:

Do you think that maffiosi in general are good people, or bad people?

Do you consider them criminals?

And can you give an answer without mentionting politicians, policemen, Jim Morrison, or whoever...
I just want 2 straight answers on these 2 questions. Then we'll stop the discussion.
I should not give straight answers if I am defending them somehow.

1-Nobody is totally good or bad people, sometimes the people had no choice and try to survive the best way that they could, they could find themself in a to crush or be crushed situation, so, some people prefer to crush instead of being crushed by someone else, if they don`t do it, someone else will do it in their place. So, there not solution for that.

2-They are criminal ACCORDING TO THE LAW. And what is the law?

The law is-how should I put it?A convenience.Or a convenience for some people,and an inconvenience for other people.Like, take the law that says you can't go into someone else's house...I have a house,so, hey, I like that law.The guy without a house-what's he think of it?Stay out in the rain,schnook.That's what the law means to him..."-Paul Castellano

Should I be a lawyer?

Does it answer your question?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204626
12/30/05 11:35 AM
12/30/05 11:35 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] [QUOTE]

Bringing up a musician and his band is IRRELEVANT to the topic. You don't like their music, fine. But it doesn't mean they are WORSE than mafiosi.

Whatever you are smoking, pass it around.
You have no idea, Jim Morrison did some things really bad besides his music, but as you have already said, this is not the right, topic. I don`t consider Gotti or The Chin as good examples, but Morrison doesn`t deserve respcet at all, and I know why. At least not more than the people we are talking about.[/b][/quote]PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE enlighten me about Jim Morrison. What were the bad things he did? And how are they worse then killing people and extorting buisnesses? What?

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204627
12/30/05 11:49 AM
12/30/05 11:49 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] [QUOTE]

Bringing up a musician and his band is IRRELEVANT to the topic. You don't like their music, fine. But it doesn't mean they are WORSE than mafiosi.

Whatever you are smoking, pass it around.
You have no idea, Jim Morrison did some things really bad besides his music, but as you have already said, this is not the right, topic. I don`t consider Gotti or The Chin as good examples, but Morrison doesn`t deserve respcet at all, and I know why. At least not more than the people we are talking about.[/b][/quote]PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE enlighten me about Jim Morrison. What were the bad things he did? And how are they worse then killing people and extorting buisnesses? What? [/b][/quote]Ok, do you want to talk about it? Let`s put this conversation in the right topic, let`s go to the music forum, and I will tell you what he did. By the way, what I wanted to say at the beggining talking about "idolizing" some people, was that I don`t think Jim Morrison should be idolized, and somehow he is, and I respect it. For example, look at Axl Rose, I like Guns n` Roses, but he used to(it reminds me to the song "Used to love her" haha)wear a Charles Mason T-shirt. What do you have to say about it? Is Mason a better example than John Gotti to idolize? What I mean is, I don`t care who idolizes to whoever he/she is.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204628
12/30/05 11:51 AM
12/30/05 11:51 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
People idolize them because they LIKE their music, you idolize Gangsters, and these are people that KILL and STEAL for a living. How do you respect that?

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204629
12/30/05 11:53 AM
12/30/05 11:53 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
[QUOTE]
[ Stop acting like a politician

Sure! Of Course! I wanna be a corrupt president in a corrupt goverment and I won`t care about the people who chose me and I will worry about my own pocket!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204630
12/30/05 11:57 AM
12/30/05 11:57 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
People idolize them because they LIKE their music, you idolize Gangsters, and these are people that KILL and STEAL for a living. How do you respect that?
Not always, some people idolize them because the Rock Stars make some kind of apology about drugs and commiting suicide, how could the people idolize those people despite their music? How can Axl Rose idolize Charles Mason?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204631
12/30/05 12:14 PM
12/30/05 12:14 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[b] [QUOTE]
[ Stop acting like a politician

Sure! Of Course! I wanna be a corrupt president in a corrupt goverment and I won`t care about the people who chose me and I will worry about my own pocket! [/b][/quote]In that you don't know how to give a straight answer to anyone.

Anyway, it's quite sad that you idolize murderers and theives. Quite misinformed aswell.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204632
12/30/05 12:21 PM
12/30/05 12:21 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
[quote]
In that you don't know how to give a straight answer to anyone.

Anyway, it's quite sad that you idolize murderers and theives. Quite misinformed aswell. [/QB][/quote]I was joking man! But anyway, if I became a president(I don`t think so!)I will look foward about doing some business with you! hahaha

You have misunderstood my point many times, I like the strategy, which doesn`t mean neccesary I like everything they do, I think I told you once that I don`t idolize them. Why don`t you read above?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204633
12/30/05 12:22 PM
12/30/05 12:22 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
The strategy is to kill and steal if you can get a profit off of it.

You still haven't told me the bad things Jim Morrison did.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204634
12/30/05 12:33 PM
12/30/05 12:33 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Don Pappo, you really have a pessimistic view on law, society, and politics. Maybe that is caused by the country you live in, I don't know.

But anyway, maffiosi are sometimes in a position of 'crush or being crushed'. But most of the times they're not.
Read this story of DC. What he tells is very common in the world of maffiosi, and is this 'crush or being crushed'??

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Let's say tht you work very hard and you save up some money. Then you open a business with your hard earned money. You work in your business day and night trying to make it a successful business. You are an honest and hard working man.

Now one day both Carlo Gambino and Vincent the Chin hear that you have opened up a business. So Don Carlo sends one of his men to you and he tells you that you need to pay him $1000 per week to continue to operate in his neighborhood. The next week The Chin sends in one of his men who tells you that you must start using XYZ garbage removal service at a cost of $500 per month. You tell the Chin's guy that you are only paying ABC company $250 per month for garbage removal. So the next week ABC does not show up to pick up your garbage and the city inspector fines you $1000 for leaving your garbage on the street. Now the Chin's guy comes back and tells you that if you don't pay XYZ garbage removal $500 a week to remove your garbage, then no other service is going to do it and you'll keep getting fined. So now you agree to pay him the $500 per week.

A year goes by and business has slowed down. But Gambino still wants his $1000 protection money, and the Chin still wants his $500 per week for garbage removal services. You tell them that you don't have the money. They say, "fuck you pay me." You pay them. The next month you don't have the money, you fall behind two months, then 3 months.

Now Joe Bonnano sends a loanshark to you. " Hey Pappo, I hear that you have fallen on some hard times and have fallen behind in your payments. We'll here's $5000 to get you back on your feet again. You'll give me $100 per week which does not come off the top of the $5000 that I just lent you, and you'll pay me the $100 until you come up with the $5000 to pay me back. But at least with the $5000 that I have just given you, you'll be able to get those other guys paid off and off your back."

So you take it out of desperation. Trying to salvage the business that who've put so much money into and have worked so hard to maintain. You have to in order to feed your family.

Now you owe Bonnano's guy $5000 and are giving him a $400 per month vig until you can come up with his $5000. Your giving Gambino $1000 and The Chin $500 per month. Your shelling out $1900 per month with a $5000 outstanding loan on top of that. Your business is really dying and these payments are draining you. You can't keep up with the payments and you tell these three guys that.

The very next week you get a beating, some broken bones, and you have no choice, if you want to live, but to sign your business over to these people.
You said it like becoming a member of the maffia is the only possibility some poor people have. Bullshit. Either find a job, or get social security.
Or at least, become a normal criminal :rolleyes: , not a maffioso.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204635
12/30/05 02:10 PM
12/30/05 02:10 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Don Pappo,

I think that I understand what you are tryingto say. Perhaps it is in your translation that your message gets a bit confusing.

While I appreciate that you are trying to say that not everyone is "clean," I cannot agree with your comparison of a rock star and a mafioso.

While you obviously, like many of us on here, are interested in the mafia, it's history and the way that it operates, at times you seem to hold these guys up to some high standard. And that is where perhaps we are misunderstanding you and are in disagreement.

I only hope that we are misunderstanding what you are trying to say and that in truth, you do NOT idolize these people, want to be like them, or hold them up to a high standard.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204636
12/30/05 05:54 PM
12/30/05 05:54 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
The strategy is to kill and steal if you can get a profit off of it.

You still haven't told me the bad things Jim Morrison did.
Think whatever you want, but strategy doesn`t mean only to kill, it means many things.

About Morrison, I told you, we have to discuss it in another topic!!!

We never agree in anything Don Andrew and you always tell me what I have to do or not to do, do you get paid to change the people`s mind?
I don`t want to be mean with you Don Andrew but, I didn`t know you were my mother!!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204637
12/30/05 05:57 PM
12/30/05 05:57 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[QB]
Read this story of DC. What he tells is very common in the world of maffiosi, and is this 'crush or being crushed'??

Yes, it doesn`t mean I agree with it, but I tell you if they don`t do it, someone else will do it.

Can we stop this valueless conversation? We are in this post to talk about The Chin, not about what we think about the life.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204638
12/30/05 06:01 PM
12/30/05 06:01 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Don Pappo,

I think that I understand what you are tryingto say. Perhaps it is in your translation that your message gets a bit confusing.

While I appreciate that you are trying to say that not everyone is "clean," I cannot agree with your comparison of a rock star and a mafioso.

While you obviously, like many of us on here, are interested in the mafia, it's history and the way that it operates, at times you seem to hold these guys up to some high standard. And that is where perhaps we are misunderstanding you and are in disagreement.

I only hope that we are misunderstanding what you are trying to say and that in truth, you do NOT idolize these people, want to be like them, or hold them up to a high standard.

Don Cardi
I don`t idolize them, but if I do, so what? I don`t say the people "Hey, idolize The Chin!".

In case I idolize John Gotti or whoever he is, you should know there are people who idolize worse people, for Example, Axl Rose-Charles Mason, neo-nazis-Hitler.

Can we stop this discussion? We are not going anywhere and I still think we are wasting our time, this is not the right topic and post to talk about this, we are here to talk about The Chin, and nobody here will change his mind.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204639
12/30/05 07:17 PM
12/30/05 07:17 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline
Underboss
Milky Way
Yes, we should stop this discussion. I just can't reason with you, you never give straight answers, you always avoid the question, and you bring up total irrelevant things.
No hard feelings towards you, but you say every opinion is valuable and that everyone can have his own opinion, and I agree with that.
But some opinions are just plain wrong. Like thinking maffiosi aren't greedy bad people.

Anyway, this discussion is closed for me. If you want to continue (which you said you don't, but maybe you will change your mind) then open a new thread for it, and maybe I'll be there.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204640
12/30/05 07:46 PM
12/30/05 07:46 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Don Pappo, you really have a pessimistic view on law, society, and politics. Maybe that is caused by the country you live in, I don't know.
Oh! Yes! Of Course! Sure! Tell Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti that! They would agree 100% with you I have a pessimistic view!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Vincent "The Chin" Gigante is Dead #204641
12/30/05 07:56 PM
12/30/05 07:56 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Yes, we should stop this discussion. I just can't reason with you, you never give straight answers, you always avoid the question, and you bring up total irrelevant things.
No hard feelings towards you, but you say every opinion is valuable and that everyone can have his own opinion, and I agree with that.
But some opinions are just plain wrong. Like thinking maffiosi aren't greedy bad people.

Anyway, this discussion is closed for me. If you want to continue (which you said you don't, but maybe you will change your mind) then open a new thread for it, and maybe I'll be there.
I didn`t know we were in gangsterbb to "reason" with the people and try to change their minds! What is irrelevant is to tell me what I have to think about this, about that instead of talking about the death of the Chin.
I don`t have to give you straight answers and avoid to avoid the questions. If you think some opinions are just wrong, Come on! What is right or wrong in this life and world?What is wrong to me is that you and some people seem to attempt to change my mind at any cost, THAT IS WRONG. If it`s right to think what the most of the people think, if it`s right to be a copy of the majority`s masses(Like Siegmund Freud said) then I am proud to be wrong.
It`s closed, if you wanna go ahead write a post saying "Idolizing".
It`s not personal, but I can`t reason with you either. To tell you the truth, I never tried to do it. I say the people should think what they want to think.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull