GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 816 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 68,934
DE NIRO 44,952
J Geoff 31,299
Hollander 26,337
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,611
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,814
Posts1,069,531
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Idolizing #204708
12/30/05 08:31 PM
12/30/05 08:31 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline OP
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline OP
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
I didn`t know we were in gangsterbb to "reason" with the people
We are here to reason. Or to discuss things. That's one of the things these boards exist for.

Quote:

I don`t have to give you straight answers and avoid to avoid the questions. If you think some opinions are just wrong, Come on! What is right or wrong in this life and world?What is wrong to me is that you and some people seem to attempt to change my mind at any cost, THAT IS WRONG.
Look, some thing are just wrong, in terms that they are incorrect. Saying the sun is moving around the earth is an example: saying that is saying something wrong and incorrect. Saying maffiosi aren't bad people is also incorrect.
How to define bad? They are greedy as hell, kill many people, and choose for that life. That's right, they choose for it.
Re-read the story of DC: Do you think that wasn't criminal and bad?

But maybe "greedy as hell and murderous" isn't in your definition of 'bad', in that case you indeed have the right to think maffiosi aren't bad people.

Quote:
What is wrong to me is that you and some people seem to attempt to change my mind at any cost, THAT IS WRONG.
If you don't see that maffiosi are bad, then I want to change your mind about that. What you think is incorrect, it's a wrong fact. So I tell you that what you think isn't correct. Btw, a famous quote says "Misinformation is a weapon of massdestruction."
Quote:
If it`s right to think what the most of the people think, if it`s right to be a copy of the majority`s masses(Like Siegmund Freud said) then I am proud to be wrong.
I like that you don't think what most of the people think. That's a good thing, it helps our world being refreshed all the time. I myself, mostly think something that the rest doesn't agree with, and I don't mind.
And I advise you to continue thinking what's not 'convenient'. As long as you go for the right things, and don't get misinformed about criminals.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Idolizing #204709
12/31/05 02:24 AM
12/31/05 02:24 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Don Pappo Napolitano Offline
Underboss
Don Pappo Napolitano  Offline
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Oh my!!! I didn´t think you were gonna put this topic!!!

Let me tell you something, if someone wants to say the sun is moving around the earth it´s his/her problem and not mine, you always attempt to say Gangsters are bad people but you didn´t answer if you consider Charles Mason a better example than John Gotti, and then you say I always avoid question. About their choice of that life, not always it was a choice, sometimes, plain and simple(like Don Cardi says) they had no choice and try to get a better life for their personal families and most of them don´t want their kids in that life and are capable to slap in their face if they try to copy their fathers(Ok there are a few exceptions, John Gotti-Junior Gotti and Carmine Perisco-Al Perisco, The Chin said once "Geez, I´m sorry to hear that" when Gotti told him he made his son a made man, that would mean The Chin did not want his kids to be made, although Andrew Gigante could help his father when he was in jail, but I don´t know how much he was involved in his father´s businesses, but a son trying to help his father), it´s like a boxer, the boxers hardly could help their kids to become a boxer, this is a hard life, the fathers do the hard job to give their kids a good future and the chance to study and go to collage to avoid they do the same.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204710
12/31/05 05:05 AM
12/31/05 05:05 AM
MistaMista Tom Hagen Offline
Underboss
MistaMista Tom Hagen  Offline
Underboss
I wouldnt be so eager to believe this Robin Hood type image of mafiamen that you see in the movies and stuff. A criminal claiming he was sucked into a criminal lifestyle because he wanted to provide for his family is inaccurate, at least in the present day.

Perhaps, 80 to 100 years ago, when poor Italian immigrants were first moving to this country, they were truly discriminated against and needed to not abide by some laws so they could provide for their children, but any sense of that has been lost over time.

Its very easy to confuse real life gangsters with movie gangsters, but its a distinction that must be made.

I dream in widescreen.
Re: Idolizing #204711
12/31/05 06:16 AM
12/31/05 06:16 AM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Arguing this point with Don Pappo is like yelling at Helen Keller. Both fall on deaf ears. :p

I don't think anyone here is arguing against Don Pappo's right to believe as he does, and I don't mean to sound like someone is, but remember he has that right.

FWIW - I think MMTH is right about the current "myth" about the mob and Robin Hood. It may be fun to talk about the mob but I can't see any good in glorifying their actions (or saying that they aren't all THAT bad).

Re: Idolizing #204712
12/31/05 08:23 AM
12/31/05 08:23 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline OP
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline OP
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
but you didn´t answer if you consider Charles Mason a better example than John Gotti, and then you say I always avoid question.
I didn't answer because Jim Morrison and Charles Mason (whoever he is, don't know him) were irrelevant in this.
Quote:
About their choice of that life, not always it was a choice, sometimes, plain and simple(like Don Cardi says) they had no choice and try to get a better life for their personal families
I don't think you understood what he tried to say, or else I didn't understand it.

See, we can act as smart as we want, but at the end of the day, we still follow a guy who fucks himself with kebab skewers.
Re: Idolizing #204713
12/31/05 10:22 AM
12/31/05 10:22 AM
DonMichaelCorleone Offline
DonMichaelCorleone  Offline

Quote:
plain and simple(like Don Cardi says) they had no choice and try to get a better life for their personal families
Are you talking about the story he posted about the garbage removal

"You gave your word, I never gave mine"
http://s2.gladiatus.us/game/c.php?uid=88380
Re: Idolizing #204714
12/31/05 10:56 AM
12/31/05 10:56 AM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[QUOTE]I didn't answer because Jim Morrison and Charles Mason (whoever he is, don't know him) were irrelevant in this.
It`s irrelevant when the answer doesn`t stand on your side.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204715
12/31/05 11:23 AM
12/31/05 11:23 AM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline OP
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline OP
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b] [QUOTE]I didn't answer because Jim Morrison and Charles Mason (whoever he is, don't know him) were irrelevant in this.
It`s irrelevant when the answer doesn`t stand on your side. [/b][/quote]We were talking about whether maffiosi are good or bad people. Bringing up whether people respect Morrison and Mason for the wrong reason has nothing to do with it, so it's irrelevant.
The answers wasn't standing on my side, but neither on your side.

Re: Idolizing #204716
12/31/05 11:58 AM
12/31/05 11:58 AM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
So now we have two topics debating the same issue. Ok fine. It's no problem that we now have this topic titled "Idolizing" as it is an appropriate title for what is being debated. So please continue your debate under this topic and let's cease the debate of the idolizing issue over in the others.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Idolizing #204717
12/31/05 03:10 PM
12/31/05 03:10 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
[quote]
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[qb] [QUOTE]I didn't answer because Jim Morrison and It`s irrelevant when the answer doesn`t stand on your side.
We were talking about whether maffiosi are good or bad people. Bringing up whether people respect Morrison and Mason for the wrong reason has nothing to do with it, so it's irrelevant.
The answers wasn't standing on my side, but neither on your side. [/b][/quote]You don`t "jump into the swimming pool"(an expression). You don`t say whether YES or NO, right or wrong, I did, you didn`t and I still think it`s irrelevant when the answer doesn`t help you, if you avoid to answer my previous question you are helping my point of view, think about it.

Happy new year, it seems we are finishing this year and beggining a new one with a kind of war of words.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204718
12/31/05 03:25 PM
12/31/05 03:25 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
[b] [quote]
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[qb] [QUOTE]I didn't answer because Jim Morrison and It`s irrelevant when the answer doesn`t stand on your side.
We were talking about whether maffiosi are good or bad people. Bringing up whether people respect Morrison and Mason for the wrong reason has nothing to do with it, so it's irrelevant.
The answers wasn't standing on my side, but neither on your side. [/b][/quote]You don`t "jump into the swimming pool"(an expression). You don`t say whether YES or NO, right or wrong, I did, you didn`t and I still think it`s irrelevant when the answer doesn`t help you, if you avoid to answer my previous question you are helping my point of view, think about it.[/b][/quote]FIRST OF ALL, you NEVER said what Jim Morrison did that was so bad. Would you mind posting that in the General DIscussion forum and stop avoiding the question? We are talking about whether mobsters should be idolized and you BRING UP Nazis, Rockstars, and others. THey HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE MOB. HELLO! HELLO!

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Idolizing #204719
12/31/05 03:30 PM
12/31/05 03:30 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Happy new year, it seems we are finishing this year and beggining a new one with a kind of war of words.
Remember, there are NO wars in this thread! As long as it doesn't get personal, then feel free to debate and stay on topic. Otherwise some may begin the New Year playing over in SC's sandbox and with a closed topic!

Happy New Year!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Idolizing #204720
12/31/05 04:29 PM
12/31/05 04:29 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline OP
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline OP
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
]You don`t "jump into the swimming pool"(an expression). You don`t say whether YES or NO, right or wrong, I did, you didn`t .
Okay. I will say yes or no, I will jump into the swimming pool. Can you repeat that question one more time? Because I really can't find what you asked.

Re: Idolizing #204721
12/31/05 06:14 PM
12/31/05 06:14 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andrew:
[QUOTE]
FIRST OF ALL, you NEVER said what Jim Morrison did that was so bad. Would you mind posting that in the General DIscussion forum and stop avoiding the question? We are talking about whether mobsters should be idolized and you BRING UP Nazis, Rockstars, and others. THey HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE MOB. HELLO! HELLO!
Let`s go to General Discussion, and of course they have to do with this topic! If you want to talk about bad things, well, do it, but nobody will be safe! HELLO! HELLO!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204722
12/31/05 06:15 PM
12/31/05 06:15 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
[b] ]You don`t "jump into the swimming pool"(an expression). You don`t say whether YES or NO, right or wrong, I did, you didn`t .
Okay. I will say yes or no, I will jump into the swimming pool. Can you repeat that question one more time? Because I really can't find what you asked. [/b][/quote]Do you think Charles Mason is a better example to idolize(Axl Rose)?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204723
12/31/05 08:08 PM
12/31/05 08:08 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline OP
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline OP
Underboss
Milky Way
than Gotti or the Chin?

Of course. Mason doesn't murder, blackmail or rob people.

Re: Idolizing #204724
12/31/05 08:14 PM
12/31/05 08:14 PM

Quote:
than Gotti or the Chin?

Enzo, assuming he meant Manson, he did do all of that. Manson was the leader of a cult who killed 5 people I believe.

My problem with this whole discussion is the argument seems like I will worship and idiolize the Mafia because there are SOME people out there who are worse than them. It's like worshipping a rapist and hating a child molester. They are ALL the same kind of people, mafioso, murderer, kidnapper WHATEVER are all the same kind of person and none should EVER be idiolized. And Don Pappo when you say things like "God Bless the Chin" it is very evident that you DO idiolize and want to be like those people.

I personally LOVE reading about Hitler because of everything he did, a man who was 5'4 110 pounds soaking wet was easily the most powerful person in the world, that to me is very interesting. But I'll be damned if I'd ever say "God Bless Adolf Hitler"

Re: Idolizing #204725
12/31/05 08:41 PM
12/31/05 08:41 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline OP
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline OP
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] than Gotti or the Chin?

Enzo, assuming he meant Manson, he did do all of that. Manson was the leader of a cult who killed 5 people I believe.
[/b][/quote]Don Pappo said he meant Mason from Axl Rose. Isn't that a rock-group?

Re: Idolizing #204726
01/01/06 11:42 AM
01/01/06 11:42 AM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
My problem with this whole discussion is the argument seems like I will worship and idiolize the Mafia because there are SOME people out there who are worse than them. It's like worshipping a rapist and hating a child molester. They are ALL the same kind of people, mafioso, murderer, kidnapper WHATEVER are all the same kind of person and none should EVER be idiolized. And Don Pappo when you say things like "God Bless the Chin" it is very evident that you DO idiolize and want to be like those people.
Exactly. It's sad how naive and misinformed he is, really.

Oh, and Don Pappo, Morrison was only arrested once during a concert. Never killed anybody either. Try again.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Idolizing #204727
01/01/06 03:47 PM
01/01/06 03:47 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
[QUOTE]Oh, and Don Pappo, Morrison was only arrested once during a concert. Never killed anybody either. Try again.
I answer you in a private message, quit talking about it here, this is not the right topic, or you need the people to read your posts to get the support of theirs?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204728
01/01/06 04:03 PM
01/01/06 04:03 PM
Milky Way
Enzo Scifo Offline OP
Underboss
Enzo Scifo  Offline OP
Underboss
Milky Way
Quote:
I answer you in a private message, quit talking about it here, this is not the right topic, or you need the people to read your posts to get the support of theirs?
If you talk here then I can participate too.

Re: Idolizing #204729
01/01/06 04:08 PM
01/01/06 04:08 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
[quote]Originally posted by DonMichaelCorleone:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:

[/b][/quote]Don Pappo said he meant Mason from Axl Rose. Isn't that a rock-group? [/b][/quote]Enzo, it seems you have no idea who Charles Mason was, he did everything you have said he didn`t. He was a serial killer, he used to kill in satanic ritual the people he was with, for example in 1969 Mason ordered his "fans" to kill everyone in the director Roman Polanski`s house including Sharon Tate, an actrice and his wife who was pregnant with 8 monthes. Charles Mason showed himself as a religious fan straight to madness, he listened "Helter Skelter" from the White Album of The Beatles in 1968 and thought it was a message to kill the people, he created a religious organization called "The Family" but we are not talking about Cosa Nostra. Many young people did what he told them to do without question, he blackmailed Polanski to the Paramount before the killing in his house.He became famous for that and was caught and sentenced for life, about Axl Rose, he used to wear a Charles Mason T-shirt during the Use your illusion Tour and he sang a few words about him in the last album in 1993 The Spaghetti incident?.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204730
01/01/06 04:16 PM
01/01/06 04:16 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
MANSON Charles MaNson. With an 'N'. That's why Enzo doesn't know who you're talking about.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Idolizing #204731
01/01/06 04:22 PM
01/01/06 04:22 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:

I personally LOVE reading about Hitler because of everything he did, a man who was 5'4 110 pounds soaking wet was easily the most powerful person in the world, that to me is very interesting. But I'll be damned if I'd ever say "God Bless Adolf Hitler" [/b][/quote]Oh my!!! I cannot believe my eyes! What I have to read! Do you find interesting what Adolf Hitler did? If you say you read about him, somehow you are idolizing him, me? No, thanks! I rather John Gotti and The Chin, thank you!
When I say "God bless whoever" it doesn`t mean I idolize him, I am not a believer of religion but let`s say I am, isn`t God good enough to forgive everybody?
So, if I idolize them, so what? I still think there are worse people, let`s say you have just 2 option, Hitler-Gotti
Mussolini-The Chin, I don`t find it very hard to choose. But it seems you rather Hitler over John Gotti. Ok I respcet it but I don`t share it. I am not your mother to tell you what you have to read or idolize, and neither you are for me.If you say you just find interesting about what he did, ok I found interesting what John Gotti did to become a Don and how he manipulated the media.I guess many people in New York are still fans of him, I don`t know how many Hitler`s fans are there in New York, unless there are neo-nazis which I don`t know if there are in New York or USA. I think this is not an interesting topic to talk about it, we are gonna end up angry with the one another, we are making this a talk show tv program or areality show program, we don`t need this Don Michael Corleone.

Happy new year.

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204732
01/01/06 04:25 PM
01/01/06 04:25 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
MANSON Charles MaNson. With an 'N'. That's why Enzo doesn't know who you're talking about.
Oh! Sorry! What a difference! Damn the difference!
Don Michael Corleone did, Don Andrew. You could get the idea for the context, the same as if I said Jon Gotti, you will get the idea what I wanna say.
A question for you, Don Andrew, do you hate me?

Happy New Year

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204733
01/01/06 04:26 PM
01/01/06 04:26 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
[b]I answer you in a private message, quit talking about it here, this is not the right topic, or you need the people to read your posts to get the support of theirs?
If you talk here then I can participate too. [/b][/quote]If you wanna participate, do it through private messages, thank you.

Happy New Year

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204734
01/01/06 04:28 PM
01/01/06 04:28 PM

You should become a politician Don Pappo, when in my post did I say I idiolized Adolf Hitler, don't put words in my mouth? My adding Adolf Hitler was letting you know that you can READ about something (WW2 or the mafia) and be interested in what happened without IDIOLIZING THEM.
I find it interesting how Gotti became boss as well, I think everyone who reads about the Mafia finds it INTERESTING, you IDIOLIZE the people. There is a HUGE difference.

No hard feelings when arguing, but not when you put words in my mouth.

Re: Idolizing #204735
01/01/06 04:39 PM
01/01/06 04:39 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
You should become a politician Don Pappo, when in my post did I say I idiolized Adolf Hitler, don't put words in my mouth? My adding Adolf Hitler was letting you know that you can READ about something (WW2 or the mafia) and be interested in what happened without IDIOLIZING THEM.
I find it interesting how Gotti became boss as well, I think everyone who reads about the Mafia finds it INTERESTING, you IDIOLIZE the people. There is a HUGE difference.

No hard feelings when arguing, but not when you put words in my mouth.
You are PUTTING words in my mouth, well, in this case on my fingers hahaha.

I am so tired to say I DON`T idolize them, but in case I do, so what? Many people idolize others who I consider they shouldn`t be idolized. If you say I idolize Gangster just because I was, I AM sorry to hear about the death of The Chin and said "God bless you, Chin" then I could say you idolize Hitler just because you read about him and find it interesting. Don`t try to change my mind because I never attempted to do it with the people here whether they agree with me or don`t, and because if I don`t win a battle at least I will get a draw.

About becoming a politician, yes! A corrupt one! hahah, No way! I am joking, maybe a defendant lawyer and you, Don Andrew and Enzo prosecutors!

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Re: Idolizing #204736
01/01/06 05:17 PM
01/01/06 05:17 PM
Miami, FL
Don Andrew Offline
Underboss
Don Andrew  Offline
Underboss
Miami, FL
Quote:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Don Pappo Napolitano:
[b]I answer you in a private message, quit talking about it here, this is not the right topic, or you need the people to read your posts to get the support of theirs?
If you talk here then I can participate too. [/b][/quote]If you wanna participate, do it through private messages, thank you.

Happy New Year [/b][/quote]You're regulating who can post and who can't now?

There IS a difference between Charles Mason and Charles Manson.

Hey, how's it going?
Re: Idolizing #204737
01/01/06 05:49 PM
01/01/06 05:49 PM
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Underboss
Underboss
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Quote:
[b] [quote]Originally posted by Enzo Scifo:
[b]
quote:

Happy New Year [/b][/quote]You're regulating who can post and who can't now?

There IS a difference between Charles Mason and Charles Manson.

Yes, there is a Mason I have checked by internet but I always said Axl Rose had a T-Shirt of Manson(when I said Mason), but it is not hard to develop who I am talking about. You are taking aadvantage of my mistake to attack me.
I asked you a question, do you hate me? Am I the Number 1 Public enemy? Do you have a fascist atitude who doesn´t respect any point of view but his own word?

I am not regulating anything, remeber SC told us to talk about you know what trough private messages, and I told Enzo that because of SC. Is that wrong?Or you don´t respect even what SC have said?

Pelé is the King
Maradona is God!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull