Season V, Episode I was a good good beginning. It set up a lot of storylines for the upcoming season, and got ya right back into the swing of things.

I don't believe the "kiss and makeup" between Paulie and Chris is for real - they're going to be at each other's throats in this season.

I think the kid that Tony ordered to guard Carmella against the bear is going to be a goner. Look what happened to the last guy we saw sitting on the crapper reading a magazine (GiGi). Tony didn't appear too happy the kid wasn't at his post (when he was phoning his girlfriend).

Maybe the bear was the Russian from the "Pine Barrens" episode As ChrisY2J pointed out, there REALLY was a point last year (while the season was being filmed) when northern New Jersey had incidents of bears invading yards of homeowners while scrounging for food. (This was just before the hunting season started, and the bear population was very high).

Does plawrence really know Frank Vincent?? You kiddin' or sumptin?? They're old friends, and they hang out at the Garden together

Lest we forget what kind of low-lifes these guys really are, the "waiter" scene reminds us they really are bottom-dwellers. I had to laugh, though, at Chris' line that the money paying the check was HIS.