Quote:
Originally posted by Patrick:
what's the whole game about and what's the time period? -Pat
You should know I played the demo on PC several months ago, so what I say is based on my recollection of the demo.

It is set in the 1930's. You start out as a cab driver forced to get involved with the mob. It's very similar to GTA in that you can drive around the city. I think I remember that there were a lot more citizens, and the cars were realistic, meaning they were extremely slow and did not corner well. The first car I got to use had trouble making it up a hill after I hit a lamp post!

It is a somewhat linear game with cut scenes. You start by running some errands for a crime boss and continue from there. Damage modeling of terrain, like cars, and people is great. You can literally empty a Tommy gun into a car and it will fall to pieces as you shoot it, then explode and kill or wound those behind it!

It is certainly a more realistically modeled game and gaming world compared to GTA, GTA being more arcade like.

!!!WARNING!!!! The linked review appears to have spoilers!!!

[URL=Here is a religious based review that I know you'll appreciate]http://www.almenconi.com/topics/games/mafia.html[/URL]

ciao pisano!