Originally posted by olivant:
Ya'll misunderstood my post about infidel. I expressed it as a religious pejorative only to provide an example of its use. As I said in one of my previous posts on the subject, Vito used infidel to express his dissatisfaction with Sollozzo. Such dissastisfaction could have subsumed Sollozzo's involvement with drugs, or his polygamy, or his association with the Tattaglia family, or all of the above.
We did not misunderstand your post Olivant! rolleyes You specifically said :

Originally posted by olivant:
Since Turks are Muslim and Vito was Catholic (nominally), Vito referred to him as an infidel because that sometimes is one way, though a pejorative way, to refer to someone of another religion especially when that other religion as been something of a political or military opponent of your religion (the Crusades, for example).

Doesn't sound like an example to me! confused You distinctly define Vitos remark as making reference to Sollozo's religion being different than Vito's!

Lollie interpreted and summed it up better than both of us did. She kicked our asses on this one! wink

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.