Michael didn't "pursue" Kay in GF I and II so much as she pursued him. In fact he cut off the relationship when he decided to protect his father and throw himself into the family business. Then when he is in Sicily he falls for Apollonia and what is Kay doing? Showing up unannounced at the Corleone estate right in the middle of a well publicized Mafia war to try to get Tom Hagen to deliver a letter to him. Then she goes back to New Hampshire and Michael, after being back for "a year, maybe more," finds himself in a position in which he wants to start a family, so he takes Kay more or less by default. What's Kays initial reaction? She starts whining at him for not calling or writing and she asks "what do you want from me after all this time?" Talk about passive-agressive. Even when he is telling her the family will be "legitimate" in five years, he is simultaneously saying that "legitimacy" is a relative thing when he suggests that his father is no different than any powerful man, to which she replies by calling him "naive" to believe that Senators and Presidents have men killed. I agree with those who are saying she went into the marriage with her eyes open and may have wanted to change Michael, which she could nothave done.
But as I have said before the one thing she NEVER whined about was her lifestyle. She sure didnt mind spending all that blood money, now did she.
I wonder how much alimony and child support Michael paid?

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."