Originally posted by dontomasso:
Well she whined about a lot of other things, like not being able to to go see a show ...
Actually, she didn't harp about that. It was Michael who OFFERED to go see a show after Kay harped about him having to talk w/ his father....

Anyway, I'm gonna now do something I once thought I'd NEVER do. Quote from the novel eek !!!

In their final 'talk' at the close of the book, Tom says the following to Kay:

"...You're mad because he lied to you. Well, he warned you never to ask him about his business. You're mad because he was Godfather to Carlo's boy. But you made him do that..."

Actually, Kay WAS whiney and ungrateful, because much as she loved Michael she could not accept certain things about his life...even though she married him knowing about them. Which is why the rebellious Kay in GFII is somewhat inconsistent with the Kay we see at the end of The Godfather. By the time of the infamous 'abortion', she really should have known better.

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON