Actually, here's what happens:

MICHAEL I have to see my father and his people, so have dinner without me...

KAY Oh, Michael...

MICHAEL This weekend we'll go out. We'll go to the city, we'll see a show and we'll have dinner. I promise.

KAY Okay...Oh, Michael, your sister wants to ask you something...

MICHAEL Well let her ask...

KAY No she's afraid to. Connie and Carlo want you to be Godfather to their little boy.

MICHAEL Oh, well we'll see...

KAY Will you?

MICHAEL Lemme think about it -- we'll see. Come on.

So...she's apparently disappointed that she will be having dinner without him, he promises the dinner & show and then she nags just a teensy bit about the Godfather thing...on behalf of Connie & Carlo. Not knowing of course, what plans are in store for Carlo.

This harping comes in handy since, as Tom also says during that last conversation in the novel:

"...Actually, it was the right move for him to make (standing Godfather) if he was going to take action against Carlo. The classic tactical move to win the victim's trust..."

So in this instance at least, Kay's harping was to Michael's advantage. Perhaps he didn't think "Jeez, give me a f**** break" after all...

wink

Apple

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON