GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (2 invisible), 610 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 69,138
DE NIRO 44,957
J Geoff 31,304
Hollander 26,607
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,613
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,862
Posts1,070,897
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 161 of 171 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 170 171
Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233575
09/28/03 12:44 PM
09/28/03 12:44 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by La Dolce Vita:

I'm under the impression that has given up on everyone else playing but the top 3. While it is apparent that those are the only ones that really have a shot at winning right now,

LDV, you always seem to hit things right on the head. Anyone below Pee-Lawrence just never mattered day to day to him. He was a man on a mission and I guess he didn't notice how arrogant he seems some of the time. He is here to win, not make friends!

Even if you or I had great nights he wouldn't notice your score and never say a word. He was only looking upwards. Days when he was on the losing end of the numbers for our group he seemed to disappear. A guy has to do what he has to do to get what he wants I guess.

Maybe I should have put more time into this in the early weeks and caught those doubleheaders. Once you miss them it is like missing a few days of playing as most gave you double the normal points. Hard to make up points, but I feel I did well many nights. Oh well live and learn. I had a great time playing anyway and the nights I put some real good time into it I did well. For a first timer I did what I thought I would, Like I told Big Daddy early on, if I could finish in the middle I would have been happy at the end.

I would play again next year and I really do want to thank Geoff for offering this up and everyone else for the great time playing, trash talking and in general something to look forward to each day! You are all great people and one of the main reasons I come to this board! and away from some of the weird people!

ONLY gun owners have the POWER to PROTECT and PRESERVE our FREEDOM.
"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Everyone should read. "HOW TO KILL A MOCKING BIRD"

CAUTION: This Post has not been approved by Don Cardi.

You really don't expect people to believe your shit do you?

Read: "The Daily Apple"- Telling America and the Gangster BB like it really is!
Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233576
09/28/03 01:04 PM
09/28/03 01:04 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by fathersson:

I did well many nights.
Yes you did, FS. Forgive me for not complimenting you on those nights you did well, and allow me to do so now, retroactively.

Quote:
For a first timer I did what I thought I would, Like I told Big Daddy early on, if I could finish in the middle I would have been happy at the end.
We were all "First Timers". My experience in life is that when you aspire to mediocrity, that's what you achieve.

And considering that the only person who played regularly (and I'm sure even he missed a few days) you finished in front of was SC, I'd hardly say that you finished "in the middle".

I will give you credit for sticking with it long after you had no chance to win, unlike JJ, OA, and HH. Unfortunately, though, beating those three was no achievement.

"Difficult....not impossible"
Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233577
09/28/03 01:27 PM
09/28/03 01:27 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I wondered how long it would take you to respond. Just playing the Phil Hellmourth (sp) school of playing!

You seem to miss the most important fact of all PL. IT IS ONLY A GAME! You play for the FUN and ENJOYMENT of the game.

When I set my goals, at the start I was telling DB the same thing and that finishing in the middle would be just as good as winning for me as long as I could have a challage and still have fun. Dam, who wants to add pressure to everyday life and make it seem like work without pay!

AS nice a guy as you are I think you let this game take a big part of you away and makes you hard, as many of us have noticed. Face it man, you let this game make you arrogant at times. I may be a younger person, but I can see it and I bet that it isn't the "real" Paul!

and don't forget Bethie would also dropped out so add them all together and you have me in the middle. See how you knocked everyone below you?

also you all played the first half of the season and by the way who even remember who won that first half!

By the way dose anyone think that we should open a weekly poker table on one of the webs sites since football is only a pick them one day a week game.

"...it is their (the people's) right and duty to be at all times armed" - Thomas Jefferson, June 5, 1824

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233578
09/28/03 01:37 PM
09/28/03 01:37 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Ah, I don't think PL is like that in real life - he sure wasn't when I met him those two times. Hell, I don't think we talked about baseball for more than a minute both times. But if we did, perhaps the devil in him would've come out!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations
Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233579
09/28/03 01:56 PM
09/28/03 01:56 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
I know he isn't a bad guy like poeple say

Pop always taught us when we were younger. Play and have a good time, Play to win and win if you can, lose like you were still a winner, but don't be a whiner!

You are already a winner if you got something out of playing and keeping friends around will always mean more to you then a win that no one will really remember years from now.

If you win don't make the others feel bad or they will not come back to play again. I think this has a lot to do with playing cards!

By the way Geoff- Manly? Pop is my idea of what a real man is, but don't ever tell him I said that.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233580
09/28/03 02:02 PM
09/28/03 02:02 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
It may only be a game, but any game worth playing is worth playing to win. I'm certain that JG, LD, BD and DB, the others who played every single day (except for BD, of course, who started 10 days late), wanted to win every bit as much as I did.

I'm wondering if you sit in a poker game with the same attitude "It's only a game, you play for the fun and enjoyment". If that's the case, I'd be happy to sit across the table from you and take your money anytime. In 40 years of poker playing, I can tell you that the only winners are those who play to win. The fun and enjoyment guys usually make an early exit.

Your goals? Sounds to me like you were making excuses before you even started. This game was certainly nothing but fun for me, added no pressure whatsoever to my everyday life, and never seemed like "work without pay". I enjoyed it a great deal, and even cemented a few "cyber-friendships" which I didn't have before.

Did this game make me arrogant and hard? Please. It's all trash talk. If it seemed as though I was a little harder on you, well, so be it. If anyone else here found me arrogant, please accept my apologies. :rolleyes:

Finally, I don't see how Bethie dropping out has anything to do with anything, unless you're assuming that you would have beaten her. Fact remains, of the 7 people who played every day, you finished 6th. And seemed satisfied to do so. And how am I knocking those below me? All I said was JJ, OA and HH didn't play, so beating them was no achievement.

Now, a weekly poker game? See above. Just tell me where and when. It would be my pleasure. Or do you play poker to win because money is involved? I mean, it is just a game. :p

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233581
09/28/03 03:13 PM
09/28/03 03:13 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
BTW - I assume tomorrow we'll see what ESPN's post season game will be all about. Hopefully it'll be better than last year's game, especially if they're gonna charge for it...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233582
09/28/03 03:28 PM
09/28/03 03:28 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Yea, Yea, Yea. Say something that we didn't think you would say. Christ Pee- Lawrence
the more you post the more you prove to me that I am right in what I say.

That old crap about any game worth playing is worth playing to win! Christ man wake up man. It is one thing to want to win it is another to knock others and show your mean arrogant side. To tell the truth the more you come back with this crap the more of a problem I think you have. Like I said more then once you twist and turn shit like a spin doctor.

Just keep knocking me, it may make you feel better to yourself. You have been spinning crap all week once you knew you couldn't win the game!
You want to know the truth I may not have finished up top, but unlike you it is not going to eat away at me like it is you!

Pee-Larwence talking: being second is being the 1st loser!

I love how you have to keep the crap about me not being in the middle of the field. We started with 12 or so people, if they drop they were still a part of it. I guess I should have stopped playing like you told us a few weeks back since we couldn't win, then I wouldn't have counted either.

So you need to beat us to have an achievement at something? Then we who finished below you are all glad to have helped you feel better about yourself!

Yes, PL this is a Fantasy Game. A poker game online would also be a Fantasy Game to share with a group of nice folks over the Internet. I am sure there isn't many on this board that would be willing to risk their hard earned money. I bet sports with a bookie and yes I would be betting a whole lot different with my book bets then I would with Fantasy bets! Wouldn't you?

Now with your big bad bold statement about playing for real money and taking my money ANYTIME. You sound more like Phil Hellmourth (SP) and his arrogant way of playing. Did you see last week how a nobody kicked his ass in the final table and he made a fool of himself in front of the TV crowd, just like you are doing here.

You are acting so bold and brassy over the Internet, but lets make one thing real clear if you and I were playing for REAL money and you and I were sitting across from each other at a table. I would still be having fun. Yes, eat your heart out and grab another glass of milk and some rolaids for your belly!

I would not be jerking off and telling jokes and pissing my money away, but I would be there to have fun and ENJOY THE GAME something you don't seem to understand. If it wasn't fun and enjoyable I would not be gambling and risking money. I should be unhappy and play?

Something tells me you would be very easy to upset in a card game and then after a few loses you may not play up to the player you think you are!

I joined in for the 2nd half of Fantasy Baseball not for an achievement but to enjoy myself. I would have hoped that you would have been playing for the same reason. Sorry to hear that this meant so much more to you and you feel you have to twist and turn thing to justify things.

I hope to play next year for the fun of it and I hope you are there. I also enjoy the trash talking and very often you will see me use the to show a joking matter. Maybe you should add those to your post so people may be able to read you better. Just a thought. Of course saying something nice to some other players once in a while rather then KILL the bastards and things still matter to those below you would surely help.

Now it is on to FANTASY FOOTBALL! Maybe I can do better at that! See you on the field!

From the sixth place loser with

Warmest Regards,
Fathersson/Michael

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233583
09/28/03 03:41 PM
09/28/03 03:41 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Brutal! I can tell by that post you haven't played w/ Woody today

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233584
09/28/03 03:54 PM
09/28/03 03:54 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Sorry Geoff, wasn't trying to be mean or brutal. Just call it a chance to make a nice guy alittle nice maybe.

I'm home alone, family is gone, girlfriend is back on campus and I'm trying to catch Baseball, Football and NASCAR all at once. Even with the slipt big screen and the Computer in the same room it is tuff! Maybe I could talk the old man into a five way split on a new crystal flat screen tv.

What is wrong with those Bills today?

Sorry, should have posted that in the Fantasy Football thread.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233585
09/28/03 05:48 PM
09/28/03 05:48 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Boy, I hope this is all trash tawking here. After all, this is supposed to be FUN. I echo Geoff's sentiments. Paul is a pussy cat. (Just don't tell him I said that).

With that said, time for nasty talk between me and DB. With the Braves/Cubbies starting Tuesday we need to do a little friendly bickering. You know I love ya, Doucheman, but time for me to put the curse on the Cubbies. Geez, also realized a little Eric/Vinny banter for me and Buffy. May the best hunk win!

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

When there's a will...put me in it.
Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233586
09/28/03 06:49 PM
09/28/03 06:49 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Raise your hand if you think this guy is serious

EDIT: Let me amend the above. I know this guy is serious. I've been baiting him for ten weeks; What did I expect?

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233587
09/28/03 06:50 PM
09/28/03 06:50 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Meow.

DB, allow me to be the first to congratulate you on your (surprising ) second half win.

I'm sure that you are quite surprised yourself, since you certainly weren't playing to win, but simply for the fun and enjoyment of the game.

And if you're one of those who found me to be arrogant and hard and who felt that the game "took a big part of me away" as, supposedly, many of you noticed, well, please accept my apologies for that.

And if I ignored your good nights and streaks, my compliments for your terrific pitching run notwithstanding, then I also apologize for that.

And now if you'll all excuse me, I have go find my Rolaids. Finishing second here is eating away at me.

Congrats again.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233588
09/28/03 07:39 PM
09/28/03 07:39 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

If being 2nd here is eating away at you, what is being 0-4 in Fantasy Football doing to ya?

What's this with the Giants and Mets refusing to play the game tomorrow. Is it allowed just because it would be for home field advantage? I thought that would be against some rule.

How about a little less questions and a lot more shut the hell up - Brian Griffin

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233589
09/28/03 07:47 PM
09/28/03 07:47 PM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
If being 2nd here is eating away at you, what is being 0-4 in Fantasy Football doing to ya?

I'm not 0-4 yet , am I? Me and Commissioner Daddy both have guys that didn't play yet.

Besides, as I told BD before the season started: I'll be happy to just finish somewhere in the middle, have a little challenge and some fun, and make some friends. I really don't care if I win or not.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233590
09/28/03 07:51 PM
09/28/03 07:51 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Eat your heart out PL. Mocking me only makes my case! You sound like Vercetti

How hard was it really for you to give Douche his rewards as 2nd half winner?

See, you know it is true but making fun of it will not change it, the truth is eating you alive. Better watch out or a man of your age may have a heart attack!

Or you may be up all night worrying about everything.

and after I send you my warmest regards! Don't worry I know you still care!

By the way let me add, Good Luck in Football. It should be alot of fun!

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233591
09/28/03 07:54 PM
09/28/03 07:54 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I'm not 0-4 yet , am I?
Yeah, pretty much. Go to that msg board and see the results w/ 2 games left... :p

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233592
09/28/03 07:59 PM
09/28/03 07:59 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

I'm not 0-4 yet , am I? Me and Commissioner Daddy both have guys that didn't play yet.

QUOTE]
Yeah, if you can come back from a 58-17 deficit I think the rest of us will need rolaids. Plus, it'll prove the point that you really do have a deal with Satan.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233593
09/28/03 08:32 PM
09/28/03 08:32 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Season Two - Finale (Unofficial)

DB 3643 Cards (3) 36 3679
PL 3528 Giants (17) 45 3573
BD 3504 Cards (3) 29 3533
JG 3476 Padres (-7) 6 3482
LD 3445 Cubs (14) 32 3477
FS 3273 Cubs (14) 31 3304
SC 3114 Jays (22) 41 3155
BE 3115 Cubs (14) 32 3147
JJ 2854 M's (18) 41 2895
OA 2785 Marlins (37) 63 2848
HH 2399 Yanks (28) 47 2446

While it's been my pleasure doing the nightly math, I will add that I won't miss it.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233594
09/28/03 08:45 PM
09/28/03 08:45 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
You have always been great Geoff. Thank You for the invite and all the work you did each morning!

DB- great win and great scores, night after night!
Now where do we get that machine to help with next year?
Go for the poster with the two gals! It also is a winner! That is if the little women at home will let you put it up! Then you would really be a double winner!

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233595
09/28/03 08:48 PM
09/28/03 08:48 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Even though it's still "unofficial" let me offer my congrats to the Doucheman on his victory. You do get a poster from Geoff, so see if you can pry "The Kiss" poster from his, cold, dead fingers. You know, this is sort of like baseball. You're the World Series Champion now. And who ever remembers who won last year.

And remember, they can never take this away from you.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233596
09/28/03 08:49 PM
09/28/03 08:49 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
You have always been great Geoff. Thank You for the invite and all the work you did each morning!
PL was the morning guy... he still has to do his part tomorrow

Quote:
Cont'd by fathersson:
Now where do we get that machine to help with next year?
http://www.BaseballSexToysForMen.com

Quote:
Cont'd by fathersson:
That is if the little women at home will let you put it up!
If he has more than one woman at home, he don't need no stinkin' poster!

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233597
09/28/03 08:59 PM
09/28/03 08:59 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Yeah, Douchebag - Congrats!! You were a tough cookie, and I just couldn't hang on for, oh, the last few weeks! I think Plaw deserves "Most Improved" since he was squatting in Bethie's basement apartment for so long. Speaking of which - Bethie - you HAVE to join the BBC group again so we can get your final standing :p

Don't forget to change your title to "Gangster BB Fantasy Baseball League Second Half Winner". Cuz I know PL is gonna change his to "Gangster BB Fantasy Baseball League OVERALL Winner"

Douche - PM or email your address to me if you want your GF poster. Buffy finally got hers (Plaw and Bad Daddy apparently don't want theirs cuz I never got their addresses...)

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233598
09/28/03 09:05 PM
Beth E Offline
Crabby
Beth E  Offline
Crabby

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Speaking of which - Bethie - you HAVE to join the BBC group again so we can get your final standing :p

Fine, there you go. Just remember, I haven't played for weeks and missed about 3 DH's. Still, I'm not in last place, so I think that accounts for something.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233599
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Then we should thank PL for the morning scores!and I think Sc did some too.

and ask you why you have your that link so handy? do you mind if we all use your account?

Oops, another typo for a certain someone to piss about! Then again you know how Bd and those Mormons are! Women, women every where! and not a woman to sleep with.

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233600
09/28/03 09:08 PM
09/28/03 09:08 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
By the way is anyone having trouble getting into the Fantasy Football site?

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233601
09/28/03 09:11 PM
09/28/03 09:11 PM
New Jersey, USA
J Geoff Offline OP
The Don
J Geoff  Offline OP
The Don

New Jersey, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Beth E:
Fine, there you go. Just remember, I haven't played for weeks and missed about 3 DH's. Still, I'm not in last place, so I think that accounts for something.
Thanks! And to think, coming into today, you were ahead of SC!

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233602
09/28/03 09:23 PM
09/28/03 09:23 PM
fathersson Offline
Underboss
fathersson  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
Yeah
Douche - PM or email your address to me if you want your GF poster. Buffy finally got hers (Plaw and Bad Daddy apparently don't want theirs cuz I never got their addresses...)
They are afraid of what other things they would get in the mail! After that last link you posted. I hope they come in a plain brown wrapper!

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233603
09/29/03 05:52 AM
09/29/03 05:52 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
OK. Here's the Final. And, as they say at the track, "This race is official"

DB 36 3679
PL 45 3573
BD 29 3533
JG 05 3482
LD 32 3477
FS 31 3304
SC 44 3155
BE 32 3147
JJ. 41 2895
OA 63 2848
HH 48 2446

And, the Overall Points Final.You didn't think I was gonna forget that, did you?

PL 8348 (I'm far too modest to make a comment about myself)
JG 8097 (hangs on for second)
LD 8071 (if the season only lasted another day or two)
DB 8004 (watch out for him next year)
BD 7667 (started 10 days late)
SC 6983 (would be a threat if he played every day)
OA 6704 (was busy pressing olives most of the season)
HH 6177 (sore loser-gave up early when Giambi did poorly)
JJ. 4883 (I heard his fiancee won't let him play)
FS 4375 (no threat--doesn't play to win)
BE 4243 (how'd she do that? get back in the game, I mean)
UU 3924 (anyone see Judge Crater?)

Re: Fantasy Baseball Fans only! #233604
09/29/03 06:36 AM
09/29/03 06:36 AM
The Slippery Slope
plawrence Offline
RIP StatMan
plawrence  Offline
RIP StatMan
The Slippery Slope
Quote:
Eat your heart out PL. Mocking me only makes my case! You sound like Vercetti
Vercetti? God forbid. Minus the spelling errors and profanity, I hope. But jeez, that one really hurt.

Quote:
How hard was it really for you to give Douche his rewards as 2nd half winner?
Practically imposible. As a matter of fact, I was choking as I wrote the words, and threw up as soon as I finished

Quote:
See, you know it is true but making fun of it will not change it, the truth is eating you alive. Better watch out or a man of your age may have a heart attack!
Thanks for the good wishes. I hope it's not a case of "your mouth to God's ears".

"Lamont. Lamont . I think this is it. This is the big one"

Page 161 of 171 1 2 159 160 161 162 163 170 171