The thing i don't understand is that GFIII is so maligned, and criticized, unfairly in my opinion. Critics saw some merit in it and Ebert said that because of the first two films and their stature, it works a lot better than it should with its flashbacks and realistic timeline and so on (when GFIII came out, Michael's memories were 20 years or so of Kay, so were the audiences).

Many noted critics state that GFIII is no "poorly conceived curiosity, but a film that deserves to stand alongside it's predecessors."

Of course my whole argument is based on what critics say... but, IMO, those who criticize III for not being as good as I & II, must realize that II was probably not as tight as I (two stories perhaps diluted action, and de niro no match for brando, altho great).

In sum, GFIII is a real Godfather movie. GFI, in Coppola's words was basically so he could make the films he "really wanted to make," in other words a stepping stone for him, though it became much more. GFIII was also from a financial impulse. So what, i say to it's detractors. Even Mozart composed mostly for money. That doesn't diminish his accomplishments.

Sorry, might be wrong forum, but had to respond to person's post on how he hates GFIII.

confused confused smile