Quote:
Originally posted by MaryCas:
Some asshole will say Joe Torre is to blame. :rolleyes:
Yeah I agree. It's not Joe's fault and I don't understand why people continue to say that! I don't think I'll ever understand how the media portrays managers. Back in 2001 Bob Brenly was hailed a hero for winning the world series when he WASN'T a hero! Last year Terry F. was hailed a hero in Boston when he also WASN'T (let's not forget they were 3 outs away from being swept, come back or no come back). And now Joe Torre is hailed as a loser when he ISN'T for his team's performance. Sorry to get sidetracked but I'm tired of all this crap about managers. As for the game, I don't know what the f*ck is up with Unit but this guy has been a BIG disappointment. He's the one that wanted to come to New York so badly. He's the won who wanted to win another World Series with the Yankees. He's the one who wanted to win his 300th game as a Yankee and what has he done!? He's got like an 11-7 or 11-8 record (not to mention that now the Yanks are 0-2 against Contreras which I figured they would). You have a guy who does sh*t for you and when you trade him he winds up burning you!