Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
I don't understand all this hostility from New York Baseball fans (Yankees and Mets) toward Curt Schilling but that's another discussion I guess.
Um, I'm a Yankee fan and he's a pitcher for boston. Need to draw you a picture? :p Also beat the Yanks in the 2001 Series

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Jasani:
Anyways, I think Schilling lost a lot of stuff last year and although he was brilliant in The Red Sox W.S. championship a couple of years ago, he will not be able to duplicate that success this season. I'm not saying that he has absolutely lost the magic and he's just a dud now (if healthy he'll prolly win at least 15 maybe even 20 and strike out 175 at the very least) but he is not the pitcher he once was. Also Schilling is pushing 40 and Martinez (who's no spring chicken himself mind you) is 5 years younger I believe. In any case I wouldn't mind both of them on my team.
I think the same can be said for Pedro. He's lost his stuff too and sure Schilling wasn't his usual self last year but he was also banged up most of last year if I'm not mistaken. I'm afraid of what he'll be like this season if he is indeed finally "healthy." Pedro's not the pitcher he once was which is one of the main reasons (if not THE main reason) he switched from the AL to the NL. You remember Pedro's last season in boston? He got rocked by the Yankees all year. How often did that happen? Not very...I think his age and/or wear & tear were starting to show