Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
Oh yeah, he absolutely sucks. He was only the AL MVP last year. He was also the MVP in 2003, and has won the Golden Glove and Silver Slugger awards. He ranks 10th in the AL in runs this year, and 8th in walks. He's hit 30+ (averaging in at 42.2) in 9 out of his 10 full seasons as a starter. His career average is over .300 and his playoff stats with the Yankees (thus far) have been borderline dismal.
I never said he sucked overall, I said he sucked when it counted. And Double-J, I was just like you. Putting his MVP, Gold Gloves and Silver Slugger awards up as an excuse (or reason) for the Yankees to continue to hang onto him. But now I'm just sick and tired of seeing the broken record that is Alex Rodriguez in the clutch. The last 2 games A-Rod's had the chance to either put the Yankees ahead of win the game for them. But of course not, he STRIKES OUTS both times! When he came to the plate last night I told my brother he's going to strike out and what happened? I'm sorry DJ, maybe I don't have as much patience as you, but I can't keep bailing the guy out. I'm not disputing the fact that he's still having trouble adjusting to third base, but that shouldn't affect how he swings the bat in clutch situations.

I like Alex and wish to see him succeed. And you may call me a "fickle" fan or what have you. But some of us Yankee fans, boo because we know they can do better (it's pretty much a kick in the a$$ telling them to get their act together. They're a better player than this, we know it and we want to see it). Besides, A-Rod and everyone else knows that when you come to New York, you're expected to win. So yeah, when or if he ever comes through in the clutch or the playoffs again, I will cheer him. I'll be happy for him but most importantly for the team.