I think you're making a lot more out of the whole "rebuilding" concept than you have to, JB.

Any good team, in any sport, rarely finds themselves in a position of having to revuild completely.

Successful teams usually have the right mixture of older and younger players, since teams of all old guys seldom win, nor do teams of all really young guys.

Right now, I think the Yanks need to replace Sheffield, reduce Posada's workload, and think about replacing RJ and Moose in the not-too-distant-future.

Other than that (off the top of my head) I don't se them as being in too much trouble age-wise.

Thing is, though, as I've said before, as guys get older they sometimes lose it over night rather than gradually, and when you have a bunch of old guys and they all lose it at the same time, it's a disaster.

I don't think the fans of any team like to be in a position where their team was good for a long stretch, and then the team had to be suddenly rebuilt completely.

The Yanks have successfully avoided that for a long time now, and I don't see why it should be any different.

True, they haven't been winning championships, but they've been correctly replacing their older players as necessary, and I don't see the need for a total rebuild unles they go 79-83 one year because everyone got old at once.

I think the reason that they haven't been winning championships is that a flukey thing happened on the way to one in 2004, and they lost to Arizona on a flukey play with the best relief pitcher in history on the mound.

And, of course, their starting pitching wasn't as stong as it needed to be.

"Difficult....not impossible"