I really don't care if a DH wins -- he just needs to be THE MOST VALUABLE PLAYER. Period. Who cares if he plays in the field or not, if he was THE MOST valuable player.

But what's that even mean anymore? Most homers and RBI? Most production in general, regardless of how the team ends up? Most instrumental in his team's success?

Did Ortiz put up bigger numbers than Jeter? Sure, many do, outside of AVG. But was Ortiz valuable enough to help his team get to the post season? No... at least not yet. Is Jeter an instrumental part of the Yanks reaching post season play? Absolutely. But so are others on other successful teams.

So Ortiz needs to STFU and stop embarrassing himself and his team by making such idiotic comments. Altho I do NOT think A-Rod deserved it that year with Texas; that was ridiculous, and I don't think they should make that mistake again.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations