Quote:
Originally posted by ronnierocketAGO:
I hate Steinbrenner personally, an egotiastical, arrogant bastard that displays such rage and emotions over logic. However, he's a whore. He'll suck a room full of cocks to get a title. He would pawn off his legs as well. He has the resources to waste/spend as much money as he sees fit in order to win titles. REally, $200+ million team salaries don't happen by accident.
That's one of the reasons why I love George Steinbrenner so much, he has that much passion and desire to win. He's not one of these owners (Jeffrey Loria, perhaps?) who's interested in making money. He already has plenty of it. No, George spends his hard earned money and invests it back into the team (that's one of the reasons why the fans come back and why so many Marlins fans are pissed off). Come on, a $15 million payroll not even 3 years removed from a World Series title with 2 drawing power stars in Willis and Cabrera? 2 firesales since 1997 after winning the World Series? What is that!? I think it's clear we can see where George Steinbrenner's and Jeffrey Loria's priorities are (winning vs the almighty dollar).