Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]
True, but both Boras and Cashman should be able to convince A-Rod to get rid of that - it isn't a good situation in New York, and he basically needs to start fresh. If he goes to an up-and-coming team, like the Cubs, who are only missing a few pieces, they could likely convince him that with less pressure in Chicago and the atmosphere being different in Wrigley, along with Pinella, he'd be better off in Chitown.

[/QB][/quote]Knowing Boras' past, he's certainly not going to join Cashman in convincing ARod to do anything. Rather, if anything, He will cater to his client and tell Cashman, "If you want my boy to waive the no trade clause, it's going to cost you a lot of $." That clause has monetary value. He also knows that the Yankees want to move him more than Arod needs to move. He will limit the team or teams to whom ARod will be willing to go.

The Cubs aren't up and coming; they're down and going. I think that they're more than a few pieces away from competing. Dealing Zambrano for any offensive player would be a step backward. They were built on Wood and Prior and neither has had a healthy season in some time. If they are to compete, they need to overhaul, and acquiring ARod will hinder them in this regard.

ARod will only consider a team that is established and competitive now. My guess is that if he goes (and I have my doubts), it will be the Angels, and I don't think it will involve a veteran front-line starter.