Guess not.

Regarding negative values for batters strikeouts and GIDPs:

As currently setup, the offensive scoring system reflects exactly (except for the minimal impact of caught stealing) the ESPN Salary Cap Game scoring system that we're all used to.

If you login to the ESPN game, you can still get last year's FPPG for each player, so I figured that there's a perfect research resource already at our disposal.

If you want to assign a negative value to strieouts, that means, for research purposes for the draft, looking up last year's strikeout totals for each of the 90-100 or so players (assuming that there are six of us in the league) we're gonna have to draft, and adjusting each player's FPPG average accordingly.

Strikeout totals vary wildly from player to player; from maybe 40-50 a season to 150-160, so they would really need to be taken into account.

I'm happy to include that stat, as well as a negative for GIDPs, but keep in mind that out of everyone in the league I'm probably the person with the most time and greatest inclination to do what I described above.

If we do use those stats, I assure you that I will do the necessary work and research, which will give me an advantage over anyone who doesn't.

I figured on draft day, everyone could simply print out the page for each offensive position from the ESPN Salary Cap Game, and you'd a have a ready made "player rater" handy for our game.

But without strikeouts in the ESPN stats......

"Difficult....not impossible"