Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
Since MLB teams almost always carry 11 pitchers, I figured it would be more realistic....
It's also realistic to be paid $2 million to manage a baseball team, but we're letting that slide....

"Almost always" means it's not set in stone, right? Is it in the rule book? If Torre wanted 12 or 13 pitchers for some reason, is anyone gonna try to stop him (besides you)?

My main points, basically, are: 1) I don't want to have to worry about who's on my bench since there are no particular position slots for those players, and, 2) having a commish playing God by making what should be my managerial decisions and making changes to my bench for no good reason other than because of "tradition".

That's all.

This is supposed to be a fun game - the more rules there are to follow, and the more things to worry about screwing up, and having someone else effect YOUR team, the less fun it'd probably be.

So thanks.

P.S. And maybe someday someone else will chime in with an opinion as well, so Plaw doesn't just think I'm the only one picking on him.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations