Trade Announcement

JL trades

Ramon Hernandez, C
Josh Johnson, SP
Mike Cuddyer, 1B & 3B

to TM for

Jermaine Dye, RF
Kenji Johjima, C

O'll put this thru on Tuesday, so you'll have the players on Wednesday.

I've reached the conclusion that you guys treat me like the Yankees.

Much tougher on trading with me, and expecting more in return.

I guess I should be flattered, but still.....

How else do you explain JL offering me Smoltz & Youklis for Dunn, and when I turn it down, doing this trade?

Johnson is having a better year than Smoltz, so he gave away more points-wise there, and Dunn is doing better than Dye, so he got fewer points back in return.

Plus, he traded catchers and gave away the better one.

Instead,he offered me Youklis, wjo was barely playing for him anyway, and would've replaced (maybe) Feliz on my team, which isn't much of a difference.

Anyway, as far as this trade goes, i know it helpd JL because he doesn't need so many starters, so the net loss for him in SP will be tiny, while he improves his offense tremendously.

Probably a lot more than TM improves his pitching at the expense of his offense.

That makes it a bad trade for TM, since he's trying to catch JL.

I'll take a more detailed look at the numbers tomrrow. We also have to factor in the gain for TM on the witching of catchers.

I don't think I could've given TM more for Dye than JL did, and I don't think I would've given him Dunn for Johnson.

I wanted Carpenter for Dunn, so JL traded away a pitcher who was less valaubale for a hitter who was less valuable.

But it's funny how he offered me the less valuable pitcher for the more valuable hitter.

"Difficult....not impossible"