"All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, And one man in his time plays many parts, His acts being seven ages."

William Shakespeare contemplating his fantasy football league. :p

Well folks, we promised you league settings and gosh darn, we keep our promises here on the GBB.

Some highlights...

Season Duration -
Head-to-Head:
Regular Season - Weeks 1 - 14
Playoffs - Weeks 15 and 16 (4 teams)

Scoring System - Both leagues will have the same scoring system (Please see next post). Please check out the revamped scoring for offense and defense.

Two ideological changes

- Return touchdowns - Unlike years past when return touchdowns were counted toward individual players, this year we will count these scores for the Def/Special Teams (e.g. if Dante Hall returns a punt for a TD, the score will count towards KC Def/ST, not Dante Hall.)
- Fractional Points - We will count points to the decimal point.

Positions - Like last year, both leagues will carry 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE, 1 Kicker, 1 Def/ST. However, this year, we will have one added position: a hybrid position that can either be filled by a WR or a RB.

Trades Deadline - November 17, 2006.

Trade Policy - Trades will stay pending for 48 hours. In other words, you better get people to accept your trade by 1 PM Eastern on a Friday if you want to play your new players for the 1 PM Eastern Sunday game.

I will only overturn trades in 2 scenarios:
1 - I am somehow convinced that an accident occurred in an accepted trade.
2 - If a trade is seriously, I mean seriously, out of whack - e.g. Peyton Manning for Kyle Orton. Usually, there's collusion if a trade like this goes down.

I believe Plaw has a similar view in his running of the Points league.

For a complete view of the settings, please click:
Head-to-Head
The GBB League of Commissioners are always willing to listen to any suggestions to better the game. If you have any comments or questions, please let us know.

One remaining thing that I have to do is get back to you guys on my DNP policy for the head-to-head league. We made the league invite-only to protect against this, but we should have our rules/regs clearly detailed just in case.