Quote:
Originally posted by DonGenco:
However, I will refuse to like it if it isn't true. If he just made it all up, then I will hate the book even more.
Well, of course some of it's going to be made up. Winegardner decided, he had an interest in Puzo's story, so he decided to take some of it, add, and eventually, make a story of his own using characters based on that of Puzo's novel. Instead of making it more, fact-based, I think Winegardner was more focused on going his own way and getting a story going (though it did stink).

I would have to say, my favorite part would have to be the last few pages, and the section about Michael's childhood. It interested me to some extent. I don't think I'll read another book based on The Godfather if it hasn't come from Mario Puzo. He was truly an amazing person. He could come up with a great idea, and put it on paper, such as the Corleones. If another author comes out with a book based on la cosa nostra, but not on The Godfather, I would be more willing to read it. The Godfather was a classic, there's no beating it, so leave great things as they are.

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin