Quote:
Originally posted by SlimTrashman:
I thought the book was excellent. Not on the same level as 'The Godfather' or 'Omerta' but it deffinetly did Mario Puzo's 'Godfather' justice. I think the only reason people didnt like it is either because it wasnt as good as 'the godfather' [really, what kind of idiot would set there expectations so high] or it's the cool thing to do. There were only three things i didnt enjoy about the book. The first is that it ends up Kay didnt have an abortion. That was stupid and ruined the entire GF2. The second is that Anthony Corleone somehow knew about his uncle Frado's death and at the age of 10 seemed to understand his fathers business.

I also felt that the ending was a little rushed, but thats all of my complaints. I though Frado being Gay was excellent and a very good idea. Winegardner may not be as good as Puzo but he deffinetly holds his own.
Well, Im going to have to disagree on some things. I didn't think the book was excellent at all. To me this just some crazy story about the Corleones that never should have been told. I also thought making Fredo gay was a very stupid move. After all the girls in Vages did he just get tired of them? No story will ever be as good as The Godfather. I think the Corlones should just be left alone. I read the GFR because I would have liked to see what the Corleones did during these times but It wasnt good so in my mind it wasnt true. I do agree about Kays abortion, I thought that was a very stupid idea too, but Mario Puzo wouldn't have written the screen play for her to say that if he didnt want it to be true. The ending did seem to be rushed and I fully didn't understand it. About Anthony knowing about Fredo, he had to find out some how but im sure it wasnt on the day he was murderd.

Well anyways welcome to the boards.

If you had any fucking heart at all you'd be out stealin'! Joe Pecsi
Turn that thing off! You should be out stealing! Lefty
You put up and shut up, you hear nothing you say nothing! Just like you did for Bugsy! -Noodles