Originally posted by mr. soprano:
well facts are facts, and while the pope may have died of natural causes that does not mean the other points are not valid...you going to argue with the fact that a banker did die? dude i saw it on american justice.
exactly my point, facts are facts! So you just cannot state that it is "almost" certain the Church got Pope John Paul I murdered, because if you can't prove it you'd better avoid validating such things that are offensive for those of us who believe in the integrity of Roman Catholic Church. Of course the Church made horrible things in past times. Pope John Paul II begged forgiveness for those crimes performed in past centuries. But - thanks God - Middle Age is past, to elect a Pope you need a strong majority so if they did not want Cardinal Luciani to become Pope, the Conclave could have chosen another one, no need to kill anyone. I believe that the spiritual power of the Church is so great that it may bother other sorts of powers and in someone's mind it must be stained at any cost. The worst is I see there are people willing to believe this rubbish.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)