I use GF references a lot when it comes to relationships. A girl decided to stop talking to me for a while so I told her, "you broke my heart".

After going several weeks without talking (yet seeing each other daily), she came back. She wanted us to resume small talk. I referred to the GF, but it was slightly modified (for certain reasons, I'm going to keep her name anonymous as "Laura"):

Laura, you're nothing to me now, only a name. Nothing is
to ever happen, nothing has ever become. This is best, despite feelings you may have, you know this is the best which can happen: nothing. A simple indifference which has immortally occurred, effacing our past, discontinuing our future.
---------

She claims she would never forget those words, and she had never been hurt so badly.

I hope she never sees GFII, she might figure me out...

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically, by definition, be disqualified from ever doing so"-Gore Vidal
"Conformity is the jailer of freedom and enemy of growth"-John Fitzgerald Kennedy
"The reason the mainstream is thought of as a stream is because of its shallowness"-George Carlin