Originally posted by SC:
4. #128 Mott Street - This was the location for The Genco Olive Oil Co., in front of which Don Vito was gunned down. Fredo sat and cried on the curb there.

[Linked Image]
Some of us took an impromptu romp of Little Italy last night, and argued about the location. Too bad pictures from the film weren't in hand, and, it was dark out, but here's some more photo evidence. I've lightened the pictures up to see the detail better....

This is 122 Mott Street, which (almost) looked like Genco Olive Oil from GF2 -- compare with the version underneith. I suppose it could be, but the top building looks larger to me (although that garage door to the right looks intriguingly like where Hyman Rothstein met Young Vito.) And the brickwork doesn't seem to match up:

[Linked Image]

It was suggested this could be the office from GF2, because it was a short building, but, we never actually see the roof:

[Linked Image]

I never presumed that the early version (above) was the same office Don Vito had in GF1. And it certainly doesn't look like it. Here's the door he emerges from, out of his office, before he gets shot. And it really pisses me off that the last digit of the address isn't clear: rolleyes

[Linked Image]

It also was curious that, upon visiting 128 Mott Street, that there was more than one entrance with the same address. The picture that SC took and displayed of the Asian Grocery, and also this one - which I think could be what his office looks like now.

[Linked Image]

Now that I have these pics, the next time I (or someone) goes up there could take a more closer look -- in the daytime.

In fact, neither location could be correct. wink

Thoughts?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations