Originally Posted By: Mad Johnny

He kept rolling along like any point I made did not matter.

Exactly. It is not that I didn't respect your point or understand your point. However, once you decided to get personal with me, it was at that moment that you lost all credibility in my eyes and your point no longer mattered to me or deserved a response.

Rolling right along now.

SB, I respect what you are saying. But the issue of whether this war should have or should have not been fought is irrelivant to what John Kerry said. And if John Kerry really did not mean it to come out the way that it did, that's fine and dandy, but he still owes the troops an apology.

As for the dems and the repubs using this for political advantage, well why should this be any different than any other issue that they've both tried to manipulate in the past? Do you really expect anything different from these politicians? There all a bunch of selfish bastards who will try and manipuilate any situtation to score points for their own party, and belitte the other party.

As for the issue of how and where the military recruits their potential candidates, well look back at some of my posts and you'll see that I do not deny this. What I do deny though is the insistance by some that most in the military are from uneducated backgrounds. We are one of the, if not the most powerful militaries in the world and through the years our Miitary has raised the bar on the kind of people that they now want serving in the Military. This is not like it was 20 - 30+ years ago where the military took anybody and everybody that walked into a recruiitung station. These days, as someone ese pointed out, they are looking for higher standards from their potential recruits. Hey, as somone pointed out in trying to argue this issue with me, the recruiters can now be found in many different colleges across the country. That alone proves to me that they are looking for smarter and better educated people to serve our country.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.