Originally Posted By: Don Cardi; from the "John Kerry Insults Soldiers" thread

I have absolutey no respect, wahtsoever, for anyone who bashes a soldier who is out there fighting for his life, and fighting to protect the lives of the same scumbags, scumbags like John Kerry, who undermine them every chance that they get.

What a piece of shit.

Originally Posted By: NYC Goodfella

By using those adjectives, I believe that Don Cardi was setting the tone to draw some interest and discussion about the topic itself. I honestly don't see that he made a personal attack or directed those words at another member here.

Originally Posted By: fathersson
If you are bitching about something and you use shit words when you post then you can't be surprised when everyone else does the same thing. Calling anyone a piece of shit is doing just that. He set the tone of name calling.

Let me add my own 2ยข .....

I personally don't have an issue with John Kerry (even if he looks like Herman Munster and he did say something INCREDIBLY stupid about our soldiers) but I think any public figure (especially a politician) is fair game for our remarks.

With that in mind, I follow NYC Goodfella's logic that remarks made against these figures can provoke some interest. I also agree that I can't see any personal attack made against a fellow member (in Don Cardi's post).

Now, I follow fathersson's train of thought, too, BUT there's something very important to note about that... regardless of how heated the subject matter gets no personal attacks AGAINST A FELLOW BOARD MEMBER will be allowed.

Quite frankly, I'm getting real tired of making that point and can't for the life of me understand why some members here don't get that. Ignorance may be bliss but those offending members who make a personal attack against another member will be finding their bliss elsewhere.