The flashback scenes and the current scenes compliment each other.

A while back Don Malta and I had this discussion and he poined out to me that the GFII was meant to be watched the way that it was made with the flashbacks, vs. watching the chronilogical versions of The Epic or The Saga. And he was right.

The other night while watching GFII, I picked up on something regarding a current scene jumping back to a flashback, and how they really were related.

In the scene where Kay tells Mike that it was an abortion, at the very end of that scene we hear Michael tell her that she will NOT take away his children, he won't allow her to take away his family. Then flashback to young Vito going back to Italy and we are shown him sitting with his family, with his children around him, his family around him. Then we see him take his revenge on everyone tied into Don Ciccio, killing them all. It was Don Ciccio who took away Vito's mother, father and brother, his family. And besides his getting revenge for that, Vito was in essence protecting his wife and children by taking out Don Ciccio and all his people. Vito was not going to allow them to take away his children, not going to allow them to take away his family.

The theme of both scenes are basically about the Dons, father and son and their immedeate families. One doing what was necessary to protect his, and the other threatening to do whatever necessary to protect his.

The parallel plots between the flashback scenes of Vito and the current scenes of Michael are just fantastic.

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.