Originally posted by Cristina's Way:
It may very well change with subsequent viewings of Part II;

....watching Al Pacino's acting in the role of Michael was the highlight of the film for me. wink

It was phenomenal how he made the viewer almost literally see -- feel -- Michael losing his soul piece by piece as the movie progressed.
As you do watch GFII more and more, I assure you that you will begin to appreciate those flashback scenes. They contribute so much to the story of Michael!

You're focusing too much on Pacino, and not the movie as a whole. But then again, you are a lady, so you are entitled to focus on Pacino as much as you want to. lol wink

And yes, we see Michael losing his family and his soul, piece by piece, and at the very same time we see young Vito gaining family and his strength, piece by piece.

You have a hunger and passion for these movies. I can see it in how you write about them here on the boards. That is why I ask you to watch GFII over again, with more of an open mind, keeping what we've discussed here at the forefront of your mind.

And less focus on Pacino, ya hear me? lol wink

Don Cardi cool

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.