Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
Really, these Yankees fans that, perhaps, had just cause in attacking A-Rod's failure in the playoffs, but didn't criticize Jeter and Sheffield for their impotence in the same playoffs. Though, some NYC Paper editorials did trash Jeter, so I can't be too rough honestly.

Yeah but Jeter did go 5-for-5 in Game 1 (that's 4 more hits than A-Rod had ALL series)

Fact is, Brian Cashman and the GM Office is just not excited in spending big bucks/long-years worth guaranteed contracts, after they got burned with Pavano. Randy Johnson and earlier debacles like Kevin Brown and Jones don't help either.

Yes, but remember, those were broken down Randy Johnson and Kevin Brown's (not in their prime like Barry Zito still is). Pavano sure has been a complete bust, but you can't fault ANYONE for the amount of injuries this guy has substained the past year and a half.

Fact is, if Pettite and Clemens push the Yankees through the Division Round, and who knows, a World Series title after 7 years, I can't wait for you and Irish to go off about it, and I'll bring up this, and laugh my ass off.

Of course, he could tank.

If Pettitte (and if Clemens comes back to New York) then yes I will cheer and be happy for the team. Winning a World Series title is much more important to me than a little personal beef with these 2 texans