Originally Posted By: Ice
Originally Posted By: ap_capone48101
To quote: Ralph Cifaretto: It was a f*****' animal! A hundred grand a piece. My kid's in the fuckin' hospital! I don't hear you complainin' when I bring you a nice fat envelope. You don't give a shit where that comes from! Don't give me that look. It was a f*****' horse! What are you, a vegetarian? You eat beef and sausage by the f*****' carload.

I'm sorry, but I dont see the big deal. No disrespect intended, I just dont see why this got so much coverage as it did. I guess the owners feel bad and are hurting but hearing how all these people sent cards and gifts to him is so weird. Oh well.

Nice.

Personally, I value an animal's life as much if not more than that of a human. Plus, had this horse NOT been subjected to the will of humans it would still be alive.

I can't believe anyone thought it would survive. I thought the cardinal rule of horses was that once they broke their legs that was it, dog food.

True it was an animal, but he was a great champion, and a beautiful horse....a great athlete who, metaphorically, died on the field of play. I think of it as if some great work of art were randomly destroyed. Obviously it is not equivalent to human life, but it can make us sad just the same.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."