Originally Posted By: Irishman12
Originally Posted By: ronnierocketAGO
I agree with Franc then, DJ. I just don't get the Yankees in their dealing with Rivera.

He's reliable, and most of all, he's earned his fucking butter for what he's done for the Yanks. Pay him the damn money.

I agree. I'm shaking my head. Ultimately, I know Mo's not going anywhere and would be more concerned if A-Rod left. Yes you read that right, because just like losing Sheffield, we'd lose A-Rod's bat. Now sure he's TERRIBLE in October, but the man has averaged 40 home run's and 120 RBI's in his 3 seasons in New York (not to mention a little piece of hardware called the American League MVP).

Mo is the backbone of the franchise though, and without his contributions, you don't win those World Series titles in the late 90's to 2000's.

Consequently, there is no good that can come out of waiting...why? Is Cashman hoping he breaks down, so he doesn't have to pay him? What the fuck is that? What they're doing right now is pissing off one of the most mild mannered and calming influences in the clubhouse, and it makes no sense. I realize they have this policy of not negotiating until the season is over, but Mo is a special player. Cashman has done a great job since he wrestled control away from the bums in Tampa, but to paraphrase Dave Chappelle, "Cashman is fucking up son!"