Originally Posted By: Double-J
Originally Posted By: reynols
in regards to mariano all cashman is doing is being a business man. its a tuff argument to make against mariano that he shouldnt be paid because of risk factor of him getting hurt and the yanks being hamstringed for $$ if he doesnt come back

on the flip side of the coin mariano has done alot more than many recent yankee pitchers including ones that are so overpaid

its a tuff nut to crack but i think cashman may not what hes doing but maybe not...to be continued

The problems I have with this argument are:

a.) The Yankees have no cash concerns; this whole idea of fiscal responsibility is crap. It's nonsense.

b.) Mariano shows no signs of slowing down, their hesitant to sign him; Jaret Wright never finished a season off the DL, and they give him big money.

The Yankees are being retarded right now, and trying to save money on Mariano Rivera is pointless when you look at how stupid they have been in the past 4 or 5 years with their cash.

I've got to totally agree with DJ. The Yanks have the cash, and the willingness to spend it.

Oh and Reynols, "on the flip side of the coin mariano has done alot more than many recent yankee pitchers including ones that are so overpaid"....what?

Many? You're belittling Rivera. He's the dominant closer of his generation, and of the current era. Shit, he's position-defining. That's how important he has been for the Yanks. Besides, unlike Bernie Williams, Rivera is still delivering the goods.

Pay him the DAMN money. He's earned his bread for what he's done for the Yanks.

As for Bernie Williams, sad to see him go and all, but he's one outfielder too much for the club. Now there is a unified, everyday outfield.