So far...I'd give it a 8...8½ Without spoiling too much, my biggest gripe this season is that there's not enough Jack Bauer. Now I say there's not enough Jack Bauer, but that's just my opinion. Other's may feel different. Now it's not necessarily a bad thing, because the other story lines are good enough on their own that you hardly notice. For a lesser show to focus on secondary story lines rather than the main protagonist, it would be suicide. But the writers of 24 have the ability to create a balancing act that keeps the show together.

That's what makes 24 arguably the best drama on television.

BTW TIS, I don't know if you were aware of this...but the first 4 episodes of this season are available on DVD. Pretty much since the show's inception, FOX has released a DVD containing the season premiere for each season. You could probably find it at your local Wal-Mart or Target for around 10 bucks. I know it'll be torture to only watch the first 4 episodes...and then NOTHING...but hey, it's something right? \:\)

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis